Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin owner die. It means bitcoin also lost forever? - page 26. (Read 1835 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
i think yes, but it depends on the market, maybe he/she trust someone and gave the private key just like a benificiary
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
I just got this question in my mind. What will happen if no one knows about the pasword of his/her acount will it posibly deduct to the main supply of bitcoin? Example bitcoin was 21million supply and one man got 1 million bitcoin he was holding and suddenly he died no one can open his wallet is it posible that the remaining 20 million bitcoin forever?
Yes. But a fork might change that. As a current example, the Segwit2x fork that has been announced for 28 December proposes to redistribute Satoshi Nakamoto’s coins.

What do you mean redistribute? Is this new fork segwit2x will distribute a new coin to a current active bitcoin wallet adress? Is the old wallet adress that not active will not recieve a new fork segwet2x coins?
Activity: 672
Merit: 266
Yes, the 1 million bitcoin of the dead person will still exist, but won't move anymore because no one can make them move from a wallet to another.
This, so far, explains too why bitcoin supply is limited, and decreases with time. Now it's compensated by btc mined, but mining won't last forever (bitcoin income for miners decreases every 4 years).
Activity: 210
Merit: 119
Yes. But a fork might change that. As a current example, the Segwit2x fork that has been announced for 28 December proposes to redistribute Satoshi Nakamoto’s coins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
Pages:
Jump to: