Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless? - page 2. (Read 145037 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
The question is not in its price but rather in the scale it is spread all over the population... The majority of BTC users don't use it as a currency. Thus, fiat is needed
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
I don't see why the bitcoin price level would impact the fiat value. That's not how the economy works, Bitcoin price rise because it's a deflationary currency at the same times as a highly speculative asset. Even if bitcoins were worth 1 million$ each, that would be 15 Trillions$ total market cap, that wouldn't even be 10% of all financial assets at the current volume. Even though Bitcoin would reach 1 million $, it's very likely that all financial assets combined would represent much more than the current 156 trillions.

The global economy needs inflation/debt to work, that's not something bitcoin is going to change, it is something we can change collectively though, but is it necesary ?
Activity: 318
Now I daresay that your statement is completely wrong because the value of Bitcoin at the moment has reached nearly $ 15k. Probably in the future, Bitcoin prices will go up even higher and the numbers predicted at the moment will become meaningless in the future.
Activity: 344
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?

I do not agree. Because fiat will still we use. Bitcoin is a great value now. But it will not replace the fiat because between fiat and bitcoin are very different uses.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
The answer is no! The price of the bitcoin reached $10,000 per each and you can see that the fiat is still important. Fiat money will not be worthless because most of the people in our society are favor to use fiat currency than digital currency.
Activity: 458
Merit: 112
how about now that bitcoin is in 13,000 USD ? but fiat still have the value Cheesy cyrpto currency or bitcoin cant replace FIAT in the community all over the world as long as we cant used any crypto offline, this is the only problem that need to be solve and once done there will be no excuses for replacing FIAt with bitcoinor any cryptocurrencies !
Activity: 322
Merit: 110
elysian.finance

Bitcon price now is at $14,380 and yet fiat is not yet worthless because it is commonly used by everyone in the world. It will never become worthless even if btc price becomes $100,000.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

At 10000$ BTC price is like comparing the moon to the earth, it must be at least a million dollars in order to overtake the fiat. Never underestimate the old system, as I'm typing BTC is at 15k$. Fiat is alive and kicking.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
the government will never allow the fiat to be useless...it will mean that the government will stop controlling the people - no one will agree to this...

I agree.
One of the main things that is going to be a problem for bitcoin is that the governments is that if bitcoin price reaches a critical point that makes fiat worthless,and governments are not going to let it happen.

This is going to be the strongest wall for bitcoin to pass.
Activity: 143
As of today there is no fiat that collapse when the bitcoin reaches $10k. Bitcoin is still an option when it terms of making payments. Also, the government won't allow bitcoin making fiat worthless because that is their way of allocating tax.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Today bitcoin reached 14,000, nobody canceled the currency. I think that bitcoin can not in principle cancel the fiat. At any cost of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 266
bitcoin prices will not affect fiat currency prices, since fiat currency prices are not influenced by bitcoin prices, but the rise and fall of fiat currencies is influenced by a country's economy or other reasons, so if rising bitcoin, fiat currency remains valuable and will not affected ...
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Bitcoin has finally reached that amount of money and yet fiat is still there doing its thing unaffected, bitcoin will need to reach prices that are incredibly high in order to interfere with fiat, probably a price of 500k or even 1 million per bitcoin, that seems almost impossible and I do not think it is going to happen soon but if you want fiat to be worthless bitcoin will need to reach those prices. 
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
I agree. Governments will exercise all measures to prevent this from happening because that would mean losing control with its people. You should know very well how important it is for governments to have such control with its people.

Nonetheless, I agree that should Bitcoin's price be ever escalating, fiat currency may suffer because of the decreased demand for it. Thing is, there will never be a decreased demand for it UNLESS Bitcoin is widely accepted as a form of payment. The only way fiat currency's value will suffer is when governments already accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. 
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
the government will never allow the fiat to be useless...it will mean that the government will stop controlling the people - no one will agree to this...
Activity: 56
Haha btc has already reached 10k, none to minimalist change to fiat. Why? Because fiat is needed for everyday use. It's fast to use, does not require demand a fee for transfer, and doesn't need tp be converted into tiny parts of the currency for one transaction. It is much simpler and faster than BTC.
I don't think so, many people still lacking of technology especially in third world country provinces. They don't even know what bitcoin is. And to be frankly i'm living in urbanized place where I think 3/4 of people here doesn't know what bitcoin is. I'm from PH.
Activity: 161
Haha btc has already reached 10k, none to minimalist change to fiat. Why? Because fiat is needed for everyday use. It's fast to use, does not require demand a fee for transfer, and doesn't need tp be converted into tiny parts of the currency for one transaction. It is much simpler and faster than BTC.
Activity: 650
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
In my opinion fiat currency will never be worthless .Bitcoin is another form of currency that uses technology,it cant be used if there will no internet connection and no electronic gadgets while fiat is a traditional money that everyone is using.Bitcoin will be converted to fiat because there were few merchants that accepts bitcoin.Fiat plays a huge role in our society that can be used by different levels in the society.
Activity: 4
I think fiats are not effected by the price of Bitcoin even it reaches to 20k$ . It's just 20000 dollars for 1 Bitcoin, the valuation of fiat is still the same.
Activity: 84
Which fiat is the OP talking about? Since we don't have one acceptable global fiat currency it will be difficult for Bitcoin to render all fiats worthless even if it hits $100k per coin. I think conventional fiat will remain just as Bitcoin and the two will coexist.
Pages:
Jump to: