Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless? - page 88. (Read 145034 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless?

Then how is it possible to become useful if you can't convert in fiat? There are no direct stores much that accepts bitcoin and even there is what if you are in a place where no internet connection?
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I think that paper money or metal money will be always more convenient to use in some cases so they will never become worthless. But of course with the development of new technologies around the world Bitcoin will gain more popularity and fiat will be less and less valuable with time.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
i dont think so that it could be worthless then as people still will be interested in using paper money that we have now
I think when bitcoin has a very high price as it was $ 10,000. maybe papermoney have been very rare. all using digital. everyone connected to the internet, and maybe the dollar is not useful
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
i dont think so that it could be worthless then as people still will be interested in using paper money that we have now
I would assume that. paper money may have been unused. and I can not imagine any other currency, if the price of bitcoin is worth $ 10k. what the world was in chaos or usa into crisis ?

I cant image it to think that we need paper money cuz we all have it spend it use it
Btc may be good for replacing it but we will still use paper money
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I would assume that. paper money may have been unused. and I can not imagine any other currency, if the price of bitcoin is worth $ 10k. what the world was in chaos or usa into crisis ?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Bitcoin right now is really still only a very small picture in the whole grand scheme of things with the world economy. Fiat money will still be the major contender for how transactions are processed whether it be paperless or paper currency.

Paperless or not. Fiat has its place, and I don't think it will be ever replaced completely. How many generations should pass so as to become used to only use bitcoin?
Activity: 313
Bitcoin right now is really still only a very small picture in the whole grand scheme of things with the world economy. Fiat money will still be the major contender for how transactions are processed whether it be paperless or paper currency.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
For Bitcoin to be worth $10.000 we'd just need one big country to formally accept it as its currency. The rest of the world would remain with "worthless" fiat.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
no, it will not be worthless at all, it wont disappear and people will still use it so its impossible for it to disappear
Activity: 144
Merit: 101
It depends on when it reaches 10k. If btc reached 10k within the next 2 years, then no, I don't think fiat will be worthless. I just spoke to a lady today who owns 15 condo units and does not have an email address. I couldn't believe my ears, but there are lots of people out there that will take a long time to cross over.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
I think fiat will be around for a long time.  Countries will be slow to change.  We may have cryptos and fiat together for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?
no,i dont think so,and i never heard someone mention this. fiat is always worth,people need it,bussines and any corporation need fiat always.
This time I think it would be meaningless, think, if the price of bitcoin has reached the $ 10k it will not only make bitcoin increasingly difficult to obtain, besides the play bitcoin surely only rich people only
Activity: 464
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?
no,i dont think so,and i never heard someone mention this. fiat is always worth,people need it,bussines and any corporation need fiat always.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Yeah, it can be worthless in the coming future, if bitcoin gets on the mainstream and becomes a global currency, then there are possibilities that people would get rid of fiat and would start using bitcoin as a primary currency.

At that time, bitcoin is the main currency. Other digital currencies will build on it to work with it.
Activity: 302
Yeah, it can be worthless in the coming future, if bitcoin gets on the mainstream and becomes a global currency, then there are possibilities that people would get rid of fiat and would start using bitcoin as a primary currency.

If the digital currency becomes really popular and accepted everywhere, I think the paper money will not be useful any more.
Activity: 210
Activity: 423
Fiat can never be worthless even if the value of bitcoin reaches to the moon

Fiat very definitely CAN be worthless exactly as the vast majority of fiat currencies created are now worthless. EVERY fiat currency ever used has eventually become worthless since the dawn of time except those currently in circulation for now. If the fiat currencies currently in use DON'T eventually become worthless then they will be the first ever in history. I believe that in time ALL fiat currencies will become worthless just as all before them and new fiats will come in and have percieved value for a time before they too become worthless just like all the rest have.

If 1 BTC = $1,000,000,000,000,000 then the $ is still not completely worthless because it is still worth 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 of a bitcoin and therefore is worth something.

When 1 BTC = an infinite amount of $$ that is when $$ are truly worthless because then even 1 satoshi is worth more than all of the $$ in the world.

In this case it still doesn't mean that BTC has gone up as X amount of BTC is still worth X loves of bread, same value, but now an infinite amount of $$, or all the $$ in the world are not worth a loaf of bread.

Look up the currency museum (I forget which).. But the point is that ever since humans have moved from real money, such as gold (still valuable), to fiat currencies, ALL, thousands of fiat currencies in history have ALL become absolutely worthless with no exceptions other than collector value.
Activity: 196

Fiat can never be worthless even if the value of bitcoin reaches to the moon, and the reason behind is that there are many places across the globe that don't accept bitcoin as a mode of payment and we have to use fiat to take care of it.
Activity: 406
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
What  you mean fiat,national currencys have to stay,cash has to stay Do you want Bitcoin one currency world,how do you  imagine that,

Cash might not stay in the future. Sweden is going to be the first cashless society in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: