Pages:
Author

Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless? - page 98. (Read 145034 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
No, we will need fiat. Bitcoin is still to complicated for many people
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
If Bitcoin was to hit $10k a piece, I doubt that fiat money would be worthless. Its more likely that Bitcoin would hit $10,000 during a market crash or even just hit that price over time, but certainly not when fiat becomes worthless.

The market cap would only be $210,000,000,000, and that frankly isn't high enough for a point in time when fiat would buy nothing. If Bitcoins were worth over $1m a coin, then I could be more inclined to determine fiat as worthless.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
There will always.. well always for next decades for sure, the need for fiat. Some people live in their own Online world.
Online is not 'everything', a lot trading is happening offline, and for that we need fiat..
Activity: 938
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?
Nope. I don't agree with your statement.

Fiat currencies still have value, even if bitcoin reach $100.000. Not everybody using bitcoin, especially for small location which have no internet connection.

Bitcoin cannot replace fiat currency for some reason. Only bitcoin trader who will be happy if bitcoin can reach that price.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Fiat won't be worthless anytime soon, Bitcoin is like a stock or a commodity right now, it won't be adopted anytime soon by the masses because of how complicated it is to use for common folks. So while it can be more easy to "trade" than let's say Google's or Apple's stocks, it's still far from being an actual currency, it's not even recognizable as that right now.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
Since Bitcoin is priced in FIAT, if FIAT is worthless, bitcoin would be so too....
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Of course not, do you even need a reminder as to who and what controls the fiat? Governments of course and those stuck up companies.
Because of them, fiat will never be worthless to us.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
So far, most of the answers are that fiat will not be worthless. I agree with that. Bitcoin will not be in main stream in many years.
legendary
Activity: 1848
No.  Fiat won't become worthless, it simply cannot happen as the likes of bitcoin will never reach true 100% adoption not in our lifetimes anyway, Fiat will always be worth something.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Fiat won't be worthless, it will take years for more people to adapt to bitcoin or to even accept bitcoin as payment. As long as the main merchants are accepting fiat, you're going to have to exchange in order to live your life. I haven't met a single person online or real life who is able to live without fiat at the moment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?
Nope Fiat is always worthy because Our government economy hanging fiat currency's value only not with bitcoin's value and its range But As Bitcoin user Bitcoin is worthy than any fiat currency.
Activity: 322
No it won't, I can't say that I agree with this statement. Fiat will stay the same, you'll still need convert to fiat if your country hasn't adapted to bitcoin yet. Which in my case it hasn't yet. So no fiat won't be worthless when bitcoin reaches $10.000.
Activity: 302
When the bitcoin price is $10k, the total value of bitcoin will be only $200 billion. That is nothing compared to the total amount of fiat in existence.
Activity: 336
Fiat is not worthless in the first place, fiat is just a paper money that people always print. The fiat money will be just the same value and bitcoin maybe it will increase, but is still the same value. We can't say is worthless, because we need it to be very worth so that bitcoin will be it too.
Activity: 280
It would kinda depend on how much the world or at least the country where I'm living in has adapted to bitcoin or not. Even if the whole world has adapted to bitcoin, they would still need to know the value of everything compared to fiat. So no, I don't think it will become worthless.
Activity: 994
I don't agree with this statement. Fiat is still the main currency, since the governments and corporate companies own the banks or at least control them.
You're still going to need fiat to get stuff that you need on a daily basis, fiat will become worthless when the governments make it worthless.

Very true this time of future a lot of people use fiat so we need it.
Yes fiat won't be useless, because the price will be still the same and how ever bitcoin is still increasing.
I would like to see more store in other country to use bitcoin so that I just can pay with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
No, fiat will not be worthless, since they will still remain the official currency of many nations. I don't think we'll see many first world nations adopting Bitcoin to replace their own currency.
It would be cool to see though, that a country adopts Bitcoin as their currency..
Activity: 616
I don't agree with this statement. Fiat is still the main currency, since the governments and corporate companies own the banks or at least control them.
You're still going to need fiat to get stuff that you need on a daily basis, fiat will become worthless when the governments make it worthless.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
The value of bitcoin is not related to fiat directly. Its value is determined by the usefulness of bitcoin. When bitcoin is widely adopted, its value will increase, but the value of fiat is still worth something.
Activity: 336
I think fiat be worthless for you if you are just using bitcoin daily.
For now fiat is not worthless is good to have for some people who don't use bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: