Pages:
Author

Topic: If Bitcoin Spikes, Will Smaller Alts Go Lower? - page 3. (Read 292 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 103
From my memory, every time when Bitcoin went up, many of the altcoins went down because people wanted to climb on the Bitcoin rise.  What do you think?

You are right OP, but that is only a thing to consider. There are so many ways that are happening in the market that you also need to check on like if the btc price rises, the total marketcap rises, the alts might bleed when people ride onto btc but as marketcap get's higher, more money and investors are also looking for profits and time to get in to alts.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
As what ive observed in the market, if bitcoin spikes some altcoins will also follow bitcoin. Just like what happen last year when bitcoin hits $10+k some altcoins gets high in price too  and now when bitcoin is down we've got also color red in the market. So i assumed that some altcoins always follow bitcoins price.
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
Nope, at the current market movements all altcoins follow the bitcoin price movement. Probably we need the traditional exchanges if we want to see a different market reaction in crypto
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
I think you are wrong as you can see the current market stat which is against your opinion Bitcoin is low and also all altcoin are at the bottom and when Bitcoin will start rising all other good altcoin will also go up.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
That is the reason why im buying alts pegged to btc. Just in case bitcoin soar high and alts will be left behind atleast the value of my money is more or less the same.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11

It seems so. So this is according to experience, if
BTC up ALT down
BTC down ALT down
BTC stable ALT rise.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
I have different view on this actually when bitcoin pumps the majority movement of alternative coins also goes up and vice versa. Most of the altcoins now are very dependent to bitcoin that is why when there is huge movement happen to bitcoin alternative coin follows.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
From my memory, every time when Bitcoin went up, many of the altcoins went down because people wanted to climb on the Bitcoin rise.  What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: