Pages:
Author

Topic: if central bank release cryptocurrency, any effect on current market? - page 2. (Read 401 times)

Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
I think it differs considerably with the concept of blockchain. blockchain governs transparent finances without controlling government.
if there is a local bank that regulates in their possession it means to be responsible for all assets. if one day there are hackers who managed to rob all the bitcoin in the bank. I think that's a crutial problem for the bank.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
What determine the success of Amy market is the demands for such commodity, if the central bank introduce a new cryptocurrency into the system then it success will depend on the demands from the people. If the government make it as a compulsory crypto on the people then it may affect the present market if not bitcoin will still strike high because bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies have already gain they market value.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I think that might not be a good news.
Because central Banks have their own encryption currency, so they don't need a encryption currency market, so they also may be banned encryption currency trading, because it may be suspected of money laundering.
Activity: 43
Merit: 3
If central bank release cryptocurrency  they will tax to the impossibility every single transaction. But in general we could speed the economy.
Activity: 168
Merit: 120
I am sure it would have a positive effect towards the cryptocurrency because most the people are having their doubts in their mind why they aren't investing on bitcoin, because they think it is some kind of a scam which is why they are being hesitant in putting their money on bitcoin. Wherein if the central bank fully supports many people will be able to clear their doubts and hesitation in their mind because in a way they will sense it is something legal and accepted by our government.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
Many central Banks are planning to roll out the country's  cryptocurrencies (using blockchains)
I think this is a good thing for the cryptocurrency market. On the one hand, the country can learn about the inflow and outflow of funds. On the other hand, it is easier for us to exchange the legal currency.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
There seems a sign that central bank are currently interested in the blockchain. So what will be the effect on current cryptocurrency if central bank release their own coins? will it be a good news?  Huh Huh

yes I read some articles about many banks that will adopt blockchain. I have not tried to distantly distinguish this news, but if this is true. I think this is good news, because there will be many local banks in some countries that follow the same pattern. this is an innovation involving blockchain and bitcoin. maybe, in the future. bitcoin will be a universal part of our lives.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies (well, most of them) mean, before anything else, decentralization.
So, a CENTRAL bank releasing a CRYPTOcurency makes me laugh Cheesy
If this happens, I don't think anyone will care except for those banks Tongue
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
There seems a sign that central bank are currently interested in the blockchain. So what will be the effect on current cryptocurrency if central bank release their own coins? will it be a good news?  Huh Huh
As far as I am concerned, there won't be any effect at all on the existing crypto market. We do not have only one central bank in the world, so at the end of the day, each country may only end up having their own currency on the blockchain and it would end up just as any other altcoin in the market, except that it is centralized but cannot be forced on anyone and who will care about holding the coin anyway, except for just trading purposes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
Well I don't think the current market will be much affected by this because having a certain currency for central banks doesn't mean all other coins especially bitcoin will going to die or lose their markets because surely people will still continue to support bitcoin also I don't think central banks will ever create a coin as valuable and keeps appreciating like bitcoin surely they will set a limit on its price so they can have full control over it
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
There seems a sign that central bank are currently interested in the blockchain. So what will be the effect on current cryptocurrency if central bank release their own coins? will it be a good news?  Huh Huh

I'd say it'll have a positive impact on the current market.

It will promote cryptocurrencies to the masses without us even having to do anything. The central banks are literally going to be doing the advertising for us in a sense. But then some investors may be more interested in central bank cryptos than actual cryptos, and be investing in them. So basically the decentralized cryptos market share may be taken up by centralized cryptos.

I don't think that's going to happen though. What we know for sure is that the government isn't going to let go of their ability to print money at will, so the cryptocurrency is really just a digital fiat currency, that's all.

Once a government issues their own currency online and promotes it, people will realise, hey this is not the real deal. The real deal should be 100% decentralized in production. And they'll rush to buy up the decentralized blockchain tokens.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0

I guess yes. Cryptocurrency of Central Bank will drafting the existing cryptocurrency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503

Of course there would be effect because it would mean that they every other form of crypto currency is banned in the country and that is an effect on the market in the local country. However, depending on the amount of influence the country has on the entire market would now determine how far it would go. "After all, the youths said they wanted digital currency, now they have one what else are they still looking for outside that our own currency cannot provide".
Activity: 238
Merit: 108
If central banks will consider taking blockchain technology I think crypto currencies will be at risk especially bitcoin because I'm sure banks will no longer accept bitcoin transaction and just focus on their own coin unless their coins will just be an alt or a token . I'd love seeing the economy starting to adopt cryptos but I am hoping this will not lead for bitcoin to die.
Activity: 788
Merit: 1000
That would be a very positive signal sent to the crypto traders and beginners who want to put their money
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

The MintChip digital currency, released by the Royal Canadian Mint, almost destroyed bitcoin. It was so popular that it lasted a whole year and a half before it failed. LOL
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
And do you really think that they will issue their own "crypto"? I am seriously asking this to you.

It would be a massive chaos, most people do not even know how to use a smartphone (i am serious) and you are expecting them to use cryptos?

No offense, but if that happens, it will take more than decades from now.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
The price of their coin could go a little higher than Bitcoin though eventually someone will have to pay homage to Bitcoin and the price will explode.

I don't think they'll be more valuable than Bitcoins. These coins would almost certainly be centralized and non-minable. They will also be able to protect it against fluctuations and can manipulate its value to a certain extent. It's going to be kind of like Ripple, which is a cryptocurrency made for banks. If banks come out with their own, I don't think it will deviate far from that.

Either way, I don't think such a coin will be used for investment, but rather for utility. It would be completely open for market manipulation, and I doubt people will trust it with their hard earned money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The price of their coin could go a little higher than Bitcoin though eventually someone will have to pay homage to Bitcoin and the price will explode.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
I guess its yes, If central bank fully support the cryptocurrency it will affect the whole market maybe it is good to us that this crypto will get higher value if this will fully published by the central bank.
Pages:
Jump to: