Pages:
Author

Topic: If China Bans Bitcoin Exchanges, will they also ban Bitcoin mining? - page 4. (Read 1812 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Seems like it's time for Bitcoin to ban China.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
The Chinese government is pretty good at blocking Internet access, from what I've heard.  If local exchanges are closed, and access to foreign exchanges blocked, then trying to circumvent their rules would be very risky.  Not to mention that the government probably knows where the mining farms are, and could shut them down directly, if they wanted to.
Activity: 860
Merit: 423
Bitcoin does not depend on one country anymore. If China bans Bitcoin, it is already legal in Japan and parts of US. So, Bitcoin, mined at China, can easily be sold at those exchanges.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
So, recent news that China is either going to ban bitcoin exchanges, or they already have ... If that's the case, will that include miners?  Or will mining become pointless if they can't exchange BTC to pay their expenses?  I keep hearing that China has cheap energy, so I was wondering all along if China would discover these energy hogs and either tax them, or shut them down.

What sort of effect would this have on Bitcoin mining if China gets shutdown?  Catasptrohic? Or the difficulty goes down and we get on fine without them? 
Pages:
Jump to: