Pages:
Author

Topic: If convicted, will Tether USDT crash the markets? - page 2. (Read 214 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun

Tether is only $2b of the $420b market, right?

What $420 b market?
The same market that was at 700 billions , and with overall trades of 70 billions it went down by more than 150 billions ?

Stop looking at coinmarketcap.
Those numbers mean nothing, one single sell of 1m can bring a coin down by x100.

I think it will, but that is because they are essentially a huge portion of the true amount of money in crypto. Not looking forward to what would happen if comes back negative, I think it could be catastrophic to crypto, even worse than an exchange hack (yes I just said that).

I think the tether fiasco is already priced in by about half.
And even if tether will be gone (and I do hope it will), we have experienced this before with MtGox and their buying bot , willy.
Looking further in time in terms of years not day, a world without fiat crypto is way better.

Activity: 46
Merit: 6

There isn't really 420bn in the market... that's just on paper. My guess is there is 25% of that, and tether volume produces a lot of the liquidity.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0

I think it will, but that is because they are essentially a huge portion of the true amount of money in crypto. Not looking forward to what would happen if comes back negative, I think it could be catastrophic to crypto, even worse than an exchange hack (yes I just said that).

Do you have any idea when the proceedings will take place?
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr
As you all know, the U.S regulators have recently subpoenaed Bitfinex and Tether.

If the outcome is negative, will this impact the market or has it been priced in?

Submit your vote above.
Pages:
Jump to: