Pages:
Author

Topic: if country has fully adopted crypto and they are releasing their own stablecoin - page 3. (Read 297 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1
As time goes on I think many countries will introducing their own central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). If they are pegged 1:1 to the fiat of the country, then the benefit of utilising the digital asset will be in taking advantage of DeFi protocols for lending and borrowing services among other use cases. This is currently where traditional banks offer an incredibly unappealing value proposition compared to crypto protocols. Even now, there are non-government issued stablecoins, mapped to fiat where you can generate up to 20% APY on some platforms, while banks are offering less than 1%. I think legacy finance is on track for a rude awakening.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
I was wondering about this. many people want to encourage crypto adoption in their country. but whether when adoption happens they will use it. or they are more comfortable using FIAT.

an example is a country has fully adopted crypto and they released their own stablecoin. they also legalize some other big crypto coins like bitcoin, ethereum, and some stablecoins like USDT or DAI. and you become one of the citizens of that country. which one will you use for daily transactions. stablecoins issued by your country's central bank, or mainstream crypto coins like bitcoin. or privately released stablecoins such as tether. or keep using cash because you are used to it. and give the reason why you chose that coin.

Pages:
Jump to: