Pages:
Author

Topic: If Dow Jones falls 80%, bitcoin will fall 99% ? - page 2. (Read 203 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 75
Be sure if Bitcoin goes down like at 20k USD, many people will be ready to buy a few cheap Bitcoins.
A large new low is very unrealistic because many people are watching Bitcoin to buy it cheap.
Many people missed it and probably are waiting to buy it cheap.

I can't really imagine why Bitcoin could go again under 20k USD or even 15k USD.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I really wouldn't say "never" because markets always has it's way of surprising us one way or another, but I'd definitely put it in the "highly unlikely" territory. Not to mention that being in uncharted territory gives A LOT of market uncertainty.

I share your opinion, because if I’ve learned anything through all these years, it’s that I don’t use the term “never” when it comes to Bitcoin. However, the probability that the DJ will collapse by as much as 80% is something that is hard for me to imagine, just as the price of 1 BTC could fall below $10 000.

The latter would very likely happen in the event that the most powerful countries in the world take coordinated action with the aim of shutting down all centralized crypto exchanges and putting Bitcoin on the black list. But then we’re talking about an open war against Bitcoin, and that would be like a fight between David and Goliath - given the tools possessed by powerful states, let everyone judge who would be who in that story.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
(....)
How sharply will bitcoin price react to the next Big Crash ?
First, need to be answered here if it is possible, is it possible that it will drop 80%?
This can be related to Bitcoin which people are questioning about Bitcoin will ever drop again to below $10,000.
We have already a lot to consider now, the market, the volume on the market, and the adoption of it, especially on Bitcoin. Yes, there is somehow correlate with stock markets or Dow Jones,
Activity: 1414
Merit: 542
It is remarkable that during all these 13 bitcoin years (2009-2021) we have witnessed no big stock market crash - the fiat money mass has only increased and increased.

During this period there have been no years like 1929 or even 2008. But when the last remarkable stock market fall emerged (in March 2020), bitcoin fell much more than major stock indexes...

Maybe it's because that we have learned so much in the previous crash that we somewhat sees the sign, thus government and traditional market mitigating the risk.

So I doubt that Dow Jones will fall to 80% in the future despite what is happening around us right now. War, inflation, and other geo-politics. It is not possible, and so as far as crypto goes, 99%? Covid was one of the worst and we didn't even see like 80% downturn in both market.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
It will never crash 80%. It’s just not possible. Remember the covid crash? People assumed it was the end of the world and I was thinking that it would crash to the peak of the 2008 stock market top and it didn’t even go there. Had a crazy rally afterwards.

When there is a recession, everybody knows that most companies will survive or get bailed out. And during a recession there is QE and stimulus. With that there is inflation and you need to put your savings somewhere, so stock market is the perfect place.

I really wouldn't say "never" because markets always has it's way of surprising us one way or another, but I'd definitely put it in the "highly unlikely" territory. Not to mention that being in uncharted territory gives A LOT of market uncertainty.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
But when the last remarkable stock market fall emerged (in March 2020), bitcoin fell much more than major stock indexes...
And you are deliberately ignoring the more important thing that happened which was the fact that bitcoin recovered quickly while stock market was still dumping and then bitcoin surpassed its ATH while stock market was struggling to gain back a little bit of what it had lost.

Possibly a lot but not because there is a correlation but because people are convinced there should be and they would panic sell. But also there will be a quick and big recovery in bitcoin shortly after while the "Big Crash" continues.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
It will never crash 80%. It’s just not possible. Remember the covid crash? People assumed it was the end of the world and I was thinking that it would crash to the peak of the 2008 stock market top and it didn’t even go there. Had a crazy rally afterwards.

When there is a recession, everybody knows that most companies will survive or get bailed out. And during a recession there is QE and stimulus. With that there is inflation and you need to put your savings somewhere, so stock market is the perfect place.
Activity: 24
Merit: 4
It is remarkable that during all these 13 bitcoin years (2009-2021) we have witnessed no big stock market crash - the fiat money mass has only increased and increased.

During this period there have been no years like 1929 or even 2008. But when the last remarkable stock market fall emerged (in March 2020), bitcoin fell much more than major stock indexes...

Pages:
Jump to: