Pages:
Author

Topic: If I create my own crypto coin with a total supply of 1,000,000,000,000... - page 2. (Read 166 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
what if the supply is reduced to 1,000,000, at a price of $ 10 or $ 5. see progress, if demands increase, then your coins will rise high at the same time supply is increasingly thinning.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
actually market cap is not a good thing to keep in mind if you are dealing in crypto,
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
that is why everyone keeps on saying that you should not even be using "market capitalization" for cryptocurrencies. that is what you use for companies and it is used here by mistake.

you are pointing out a great flaw in Market Capitalization when used for cryptocurrencies and that is the fact that for a company you can not create shares out of thin air so your MC will be reasonable and real but for a coin/token you can easily create billions of coins (like shares) by click of a button and they don't even have to be in circulation and your coin's MC will be fake
Activity: 274
Merit: 2
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are joking
No, I am not joking, but try to figure out the concept of crypto capitalization. The capitalization is, by definition, the product of the price of an item and the quantity of items in the market. The market price of my coin is $10, and its quantity 500,000,000,000. Hence, the capitalization of my crypto is greater than the capitalization of Exxon Mobile. I am simply asking does that mean I own something that is more valuable than multinational oil and gas corporation?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 274
Merit: 2
...then initially mine half of the supply, and finally sell one coin for $10, then, by definition, the capitalization of my crypto is greater than the capitalization of Exxon Mobile. Does that mean I own something that is more valuable than multinational oil and gas corporation?
Pages:
Jump to: