Pages:
Author

Topic: If I had a large gambling website, who can I trust here? - page 3. (Read 2051 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
You can trust me.

But of course people who tell you to trust them shouldn't be trusted!

Why does it need to be someone here and not someone you know personally, like a family member?  Is it because they would need technical knowledge to send the coins (is your website not set up for automatic payouts)?

For one, I don't have a website right now. I'm running a game all by myself.
Second, no member of my family knows how to send bitcoins. I trust them. They just don't know how to do it.

For people who volunteer but I don't trust (no offense), when I disappear, you will be notified about that. You don't get access to the coins (unless you are the winner), but at least you can come here and say "hey, dabs switch said he died, or something."

Also, it's possible you can be trusted. Kindly state your history or a summary. (Like, say, you escrowed 10,000 bitcoins a couple months ago or helped in selling some ASIC company shares or whatever.)
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
You can trust me.

But of course people who tell you to trust them shouldn't be trusted!

Why does it need to be someone here and not someone you know personally, like a family member?  Is it because they would need technical knowledge to send the coins (is your website not set up for automatic payouts)?
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Doog is more or less the face of the gambling section, just chuck him it. I have a feeling he might not want that burden as he's probably got other stuff.

Other than that no one rly pops to mind. I doubt people rly want to take on unnecessary projects unless it's profitable for them I'd assume.

I just need to know they are trusted. They don't have to do anything unless I disappear. As long as I'm around, they don't do anything. It will be profitable for them, because they keep whatever house edge I'm supposed to get. In fact, since I will be giving them the private key, they can pretty much do anything.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Doog is more or less the face of the gambling section, just chuck him it. I have a feeling he might not want that burden as he's probably got other stuff.

Other than that no one rly pops to mind. I doubt people rly want to take on unnecessary projects unless it's profitable for them I'd assume.
legendary
The Concierge of Crypto
Hi,

The question is: if I had a large gambling website or system or something, who can I trust here? Let's get to a specific example, let's pretend that I have the biggest raffle or lottery here, with jackpots and prizes amounting to hundreds or even thousands of bitcoins.

But then, I get hit by a bus, or I got hit by a train. Which is kinda the same. Or I get sunk out at sea, crash my car, or gone insane. (and it felt so good I want to do it again.)

The problem I would be having, which, if I am dead, is not my problem anymore, would be to follow through at least with the final round or game that I was hosting.

In this specific example, I am not a group of people or a corporation. I would just be one single private individual. Obviously, I have the private keys for any bitcoin addresses related to my game.

Question: Who can I trust here that would at least send the winner his coins according to the rules of the game? and you get to keep the change. (Donations for my funeral are optional but appreciated.)

This person would get an email about my inactivity (dead man's switch) and access to the wallets in question, after about one or two months. Everything encrypted of course. Or the password to an encrypted file I send you containing the same information. I don't want the site or server or host itself to have a hot-wallet that can send coins automatically, especially when we are talking about hundreds or thousands of bitcoins. For backup, maybe there are two or even 3 people. They will have to decide amongst themselves who is actually going to take action. If there are more than 3, then the rest simply get an email that "maybe I'm dead" so they can at least mention this on the forum.

If I am just offline for a long vacation or stranded in some island and eventually make it back, I can just continue a new game later.

I would appreciate some detail about either yourself (if you are posting), or about your nominee, like past history, analysis and handling of other games, etc.

I can think of a few people already (there are several here and in the trading / auction / escrow etc).

I just don't want to be labelled a scammer even though I'm dead.
Pages:
Jump to: