Pages:
Author

Topic: If I win the 10,000BTC, I have an idea for what to do with the money... - page 2. (Read 4874 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
It depends what issue would you be giving away?

The newest at that time.
REF
Activity: 529
It depends what issue would you be giving away?
donator
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Flawed logic is flawed.

For one thing you can not assume that everyone has seen this thread.

Uhh what? Are you saying my guess that "less than 2% of the registered bitcointalk.org members would take him up on the offer" is flawed .. because I'm "assuming everyone saw this thread"? I didn't say anything about the people viewing this thread, and it's irrelevant anyway.'

If you think 83%+ of bitcointalk.org registered users would take up the offer for a free magazine (as awesome and relevant as it may be), that's a bet I'd be all in on.

Biggest flaw in the logic would be that people who are into Bitcoin would even consider "Bitcoin Magazine" on the same par with other random magazines. It's fucking Bitcoin Magazine.

I'm not trying to put down the magazine at all... just using common sense. An 83% response rate is unheard of in marketing.

And it's just that, a marketing expense. Most mags give away trial subs. Even ones that are thousands usd annually.
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
62,489 members, I'd guess < 2% take you up on the offer. There's just tons of free magazine offers out there, lots of dead accounts, lots of users that won't see the offer, lots of users that don't want to give their address, etc.

So a 50k run of one issue for distribution to bitcointalk.com members seems like a bad idea.

Flawed logic is flawed.

Biggest flaw in the logic would be that people who are into Bitcoin would even consider "Bitcoin Magazine" on the same par with other random magazines. It's fucking Bitcoin Magazine.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
62,489 members, I'd guess < 2% take you up on the offer. There's just tons of free magazine offers out there, lots of dead accounts, lots of users that won't see the offer, lots of users that don't want to give their address, etc.

So a 50k run of one issue for distribution to bitcointalk.com members seems like a bad idea.

Flawed logic is flawed.

donator
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Promote bitcoin to outsiders. Donate to that Tesla thing and get a really positive article in The Oatmeal, then get coverage on random billboards and the New York Times!
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
I'd donate to a Bitcoin Mag PR campaign.
I am the one who knocks
NO I WOULDNT GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS!!!

If i did, the next thing I know I would have a truckload of giggling Korean girls at my door.

On second though... at least I wouldn't have to pay for electricity anymore.....
Why do you think would he buy everyone Issue 1 when there are 2 more issues to be had? I think its interesting so many people are only interested in a digital edition because only one has been released in digital format so far. You can have your hands on the other 2 physical issues already. In fact, some people in the UK probably already have them.

Well...I have a 12-issue subscription so any issue below 12 will be (for me at least) an unexciting dulplicate.  But more importantly: issue #1 works better for giving out to strangers because it potentially also has value as a collector's item.  They are less likely to throw it away.  It creates an perception that they are coming on board early.  What sounds better & more exciting:

1. Friend, I'm excited about Bitcoins, you must check them out, here's my gift to you, the first ever issue of Bitcoin Magazine!
2. Friend, I'm excited about Bitcoins, you must check them out, here's my gift to you, the third issue of Bitcoin Magazine!
Why do you think would he buy everyone Issue 1 when there are 2 more issues to be had? I think its interesting so many people are only interested in a digital edition because only one has been released in digital format so far. You can have your hands on the other 2 physical issues already. In fact, some people in the UK probably already have them.

Print 5000 two BTC notes or just contract casascius for his physical coins and hand them out with a crew and flyers on wall street or in some other high profile financial area.  Some of them would go unused but you would get a lot of people who would not be involved interested.

Yes, I think this is the best line of thinking.  I would rather see funds invested in promoting Bitcoin to people who don't know about Bitcoin and who might potentially be interested, than giving a free gift to those who already do (by definition, everyone on these forums).

Also, I already subscribe to the magazine, and ordered several copies of #1 to pass out to friends as an evangelism tactic....so getting one extra free copy doesn't excite me too much.

Print 5000 two BTC notes or just contract casascius for his physical coins and hand them out with a crew and flyers on wall street or in some other high profile financial area.  Some of them would go unused but you would get a lot of people who would not be involved interested.

Yes, I think this is the best line of thinking.  I would rather see funds invested in promoting Bitcoin to people who don't know about Bitcoin and who might potentially be interested, than giving a free gift to those who already do (by definition, everyone on these forums).

Also, I already subscribe to the magazine, and ordered several copies of #1 to pass out to friends as an evangelism tactic....so getting one extra free copy doesn't excite me too much.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Print 5000 two BTC notes or just contract casascius for his physical coins and hand them out with a crew and flyers on wall street or in some other high profile financial area.  Some of them would go unused but you would get a lot of people who would not be involved interested.

I think this is dead on, Maybe some ad's in papers along with some canvasing would be good. If we can increase the visibility of bitcoin we all will gain from this including your magazine. Maybe a small TV spot in major cities, like 15 second adds or whatever, buy some annoying add space on google or whatever.

Digital copy yes please, hard copy maybe. Public spotlight HELL YES!
Activity: 364
firstbits 1LoCBS
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Instead of a free magazine, you could pay my costs for doing Bitcoin conferences like the ones going on in Japan (in the UK).

I'd just be looking for costs for travel, the conference room and whatever is available for advertising.

We could set up a Ltd company called The UK Bitcoin Foundation and we'd build a consultancy.

Over time the business would expand and some of the revenue could go towards sponsoring/creating/venture capitaling Bitcoin businesses in the UK.

It's just a shame you're in Korea.
Activity: 322
Id personally prefer a digital version.
However, a public awareness campaign could be a nice idea.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Print 5000 two BTC notes or just contract casascius for his physical coins and hand them out with a crew and flyers on wall street or in some other high profile financial area.  Some of them would go unused but you would get a lot of people who would not be involved interested.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I can't wait to read future news of the past!

You mean past news in the future, right?
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
I can't wait to trust my full name and physical adress to this endeavour. There's no way this could go wrong in any way....  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
I can't wait to read future news of the past!
Pages:
Jump to: