Pages:
Author

Topic: If it is only buying and selling on exchanges, how do you think they are profita - page 2. (Read 1839 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
They have withdraw and deposit fees too.

But the chinese exchanges had no trading fee for a long time(not sure if it is true today), how they managed to survive? Can't imagine withdraw and deposit fees alone making an exchange viable.

The fiat withdraw fees of Chinese exchange huobi/okcoin/btcchina are around 0.4-0.5%. If you trade in bitstamp, let's say to buy bitcoins and withdraw btc. You need to deposit fiat first, Bistamp charge you 0.1% deposit fee, assuming you are in highest trading fee discount class 0.2%, withdraw bitcoin from Bitstamp is free. For the person selling bitcoin to you in Bistamp, assuming that person is also in highest trading fee discount class 0.2%. So Bitstamp charges 0.1%(fiat deposit fee) + 0.2%(your trading fee) + 0.2%(trade fee of the person) = 0.5% for a pair of trade made by you and the person selling you bitcoin.

Apparently, Chinese exchange earns almost the same as the Bitstamp earns from trade. Also, Chinese labor is much cheaper than English labor!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073
They have withdraw and deposit fees too.

But the chinese exchanges had no trading fee for a long time(not sure if it is true today), how they managed to survive? Can't imagine withdraw and deposit fees alone making an exchange viable.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'm not an expert but those are my 2 cents; I think that exchanges proft from ads and trading fees mainly.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
In any case, they just only simply buy and sell, there is no leverage and other financial derivatives on exchanges, like bitstamp, lakebtc and etc. how do they profit it? and its only provide bitcoin service on them, even lakebtc trading fee is free for CNY, are they a charitable organization?
Pages:
Jump to: