Pages:
Author

Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen? - page 34. (Read 52578 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough

Your assumption simply doesn't make sense

Just because there is no viable economic reason for it to come to life in the first place. Hypothetically, the price could reach ridiculous values, for example, someone might be willing to buy a few satoshi for a few hundred dollars, just for the fun of it, but that's pretty much all there's to it. In real life, though, you can more often than not see the opposite situation, i.e. only sellers being present in the market who want to sell their useless and worthless shitcoins, and no buyers sticking around altogether

If right now, all BTC sellers hold their coins and stop selling it, what would happen? Would Bitcoin die and crypto-currency enthusiasts move to an alt-coin to pump it to main crypto-currency status?

Or the BTC price would increase as the demand would be 100% higher than supply?

Strictly speaking, in that very case you can't even talk about Bitcoin price any more

Really, what is Bitcoin price (or price of any asset, for that matter)? Basically, it is the price at which the last trade was executed, so if there are no more trades, you can't assume that the price will sky-rocket. If there are only buy orders at a price higher than that last price, it will lose any value as a reference point. Ultimately, buyers will lose interest toward Bitcoin en masse, and since they don't want their money sitting idly in the orders which are never to be filled, they will pour it into something else. The market will essentially die with a few orders left in the order-books across exchanges

I must say it's true, because a currency can be replaced by another without disadvantages. But if people really want Bitcoin I believe they would continue trying to buy it until a seller place a offer.

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price.

That is something the chinese lobby could do. The big whales club. It's just a strategy the big holders could try to have profit, acting in group to rule a decentralized currency, a risk plan that could kill the currency.

If bitcoin fails it will not be easy to replace it with any other cryptocurrency. As of right now, crypto is bitcoin, there is no other way around this. If bitcoin fails, 80%+ of the market spent in crypto also falls. I don't think there will be a second crypto, bitcoin is our only chance, so we must make it succeed at all costs.

I must say that I think that you are right about that, if we do not succeed with the bitcoin it will be all over for all cryptocurrency's.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough

Just because there is no viable economic reason for it to come to life in the first place. Hypothetically, the price could reach ridiculous values, for example, someone might be willing to buy a few satoshi for a few hundred dollars, just for the fun of it, but that's pretty much all there's to it. In real life, though, you can more often than not see the opposite situation, i.e. only sellers being present in the market who want to sell their useless and worthless shitcoins, and no buyers sticking around altogether

If right now, all BTC sellers hold their coins and stop selling it, what would happen? Would Bitcoin die and crypto-currency enthusiasts move to an alt-coin to pump it to main crypto-currency status?

Strictly speaking, in that very case you can't even talk about Bitcoin price any more

Really, what is Bitcoin price (or price of any asset, for that matter)? Basically, it is the price at which the last trade was executed, so if there are no more trades, you can't assume that the price will sky-rocket. If there are only buy orders at a price higher than that last price, it will lose any value as a reference point. Ultimately, buyers will lose interest toward Bitcoin en masse, and since they don't want their money sitting idly in the orders which are never to be filled, they will pour it into something else. The market will essentially die with a few orders left in the order-books across exchanges

I must say it's true, because a currency can be replaced by another without disadvantages. But if people really want Bitcoin I believe they would continue trying to buy it until a seller place a offer.

The reference would be the buyer price, each new buyer offer increasing in reference the last one. After some time, some crypto-currency enthusiasts would migrate to another coin, and the BTC sellers would start selling again for the pumped price.

That is something the chinese lobby could do. The big whales club. It's just a strategy the big holders could try to have profit, acting in group to rule a decentralized currency, a risk plan that could kill the currency.

If bitcoin fails it will not be easy to replace it with any other cryptocurrency. As of right now, crypto is bitcoin, there is no other way around this. If bitcoin fails, 80%+ of the market spent in crypto also falls. I don't think there will be a second crypto, bitcoin is our only chance, so we must make it succeed at all costs.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 798
Merit: 501
Nothing would actually happen; people and traders would still go along their way into using bitcoins for other purposes such as trading, investing and whatnot. Right now to be honest there are a few people who would use their bitcoins like fiat and most would just keep it and make it as their investment. That's what's happening right now.
actually in most of the place the shops which accept bitcoins are not available. and that is the reason that most of the people still using bitcoin as investment. but hope that in future we will be able to use bitcoin as currency.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

In my opinion, it would fall down, and it would totally lose value.
of course, because that makes a request bitcoin up almost entirely of spending. so when there is no spending. I'm afraid bitcoin will die
but I thought it would never happen in the near future

It makes no sense. If no one spend Bitcoin the demand probably would be higher than the supply, so the BTC price would increase until someone sell their Bitcoins to keep the market moving. When you are spending Bitcoins you are moving the market, making the life continue and creating possibilities of new events (increases and decreases in the price).
I don't agree with your explanation, we spend because we want to increase the circulation and to increase the demand as well. What is the reason of holding when bitcoin will not be spend anyway? I guess you need to understand when bitcoin will not be supported by us, it will die because we dictate the value its value.

Hey, captain, don't you wanna buy some PAC coins? The coin is cheap as dirt, don't lose your only chance (until it gets delisted)!

Activity: 1092
There will be no thrill anymore if that happens. Now I finally realize that fluctuation in the price has a good advantage to anyone. Because there is pump and dump happening on which we have a chance to do trade most of the time for us to grow our coin quickly.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
of course, because that makes a request bitcoin up almost entirely of spending. so when there is no spending. I'm afraid bitcoin will die

It makes no sense. If no one spend Bitcoin the demand probably would be higher than the supply, so the BTC price would increase until someone sell their Bitcoins to keep the market moving. When you are spending Bitcoins you are moving the market, making the life continue and creating possibilities of new events (increases and decreases in the price).
I don't agree with your explanation, we spend because we want to increase the circulation and to increase the demand as well. What is the reason of holding when bitcoin will not be spend anyway? I guess you need to understand when bitcoin will not be supported by us, it will die because we dictate the value its value.

Hey, captain, don't you wanna buy some PAC coins? The coin is cheap as dirt, don't lose your only chance (until it gets delisted)!

I'm not presupposing no one will have interest in Bitcoins, I'm not presupposing this: "bitcoin will not be spend anyway", what I mean is "if no one spend Bitcoins". This means who has Bitcoins won't spend it, but who doesn't have Bitcoins could want to have it, to buy it. There is no sellers, but there are many people wanting to buy it, and those who wants to buy will increase their offers to buy Bitcoins until a seller think the offer is good enough.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019

Activity: 1008
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
Definitely, when no one spend it's like it's dead already. That's my greatest fear as I have been very productive here in the crypto world and bitcoin has help me a lot, it could be one of my downfalls in life and I hope it will not happen.

Right now, what we can do is to continue our support with it so this will continue to be successful and many people will see and enjoy the benefits of bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Nothing would actually happen; people and traders would still go along their way into using bitcoins for other purposes such as trading, investing and whatnot. Right now to be honest there are a few people who would use their bitcoins like fiat and most would just keep it and make it as their investment. That's what's happening right now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
if this rumour happened, the consumer of bitcoin will go wild to buy anything that can be afford with remain bitcoin
or sell it at very low price to lessen the loss. and all vendor of bitcoin goods will stop the transaction immediately
I think you can see how many users bitcoin this time dude and it will always grow each day. of course of millions of users will always be doing spending. maybe not all users are more than 3 million people are not spending simultaneously
yes that is impossible now that people will stop using bitcoin. bitcoin is now becoming one of the most essential part of our life therefore it is difficult to stop using bitcoin for those people who know about the importance of bitcoin.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
At first, the idea is meaningless because this is an open market where everyone  can do what they want with their bitcoins, so it is impossible to speculate about that scenario where all bitcoin users decide to stop doing bitcoin transactions simultaneously.

But obeying to a simple market logic, a widespread hoarding of a product or good always triggers an  exponential increase in value.
But only if the demand keeps in place if the would be buyers realize that no one is going to sell to them then it is very likely they are going to use their money for something else and then demand will get lower and the price will decrease.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
if this rumour happened, the consumer of bitcoin will go wild to buy anything that can be afford with remain bitcoin
or sell it at very low price to lessen the loss. and all vendor of bitcoin goods will stop the transaction immediately
I think you can see how many users bitcoin this time dude and it will always grow each day. of course of millions of users will always be doing spending. maybe not all users are more than 3 million people are not spending simultaneously
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
At first, the idea is meaningless because this is an open market where everyone  can do what they want with their bitcoins, so it is impossible to speculate about that scenario where all bitcoin users decide to stop doing bitcoin transactions simultaneously.

But obeying to a simple market logic, a widespread hoarding of a product or good always triggers an  exponential increase in value.

He obviously knows its not possible to have that kind of scenerio because even the users of Bitcoin are not limited to this forum as we have the larger population out there and he is just speculating what could have happened if such environment could have been possible.

To me, I will see it as a rejection of Bitcoin itself because one of the major function of money is exchange of value and not only store of value in which we will be doing if we all decide to keep ours. By so doing I see the price dropping drastically and therefore worthless in no distant time...
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
If no one spends bitcoins then it will create a very high disturbance in the value of bitcoins as no one spend them then the exchange rate of currency in form of bitcoin can be shaken & no one can understand the actual rate of the bitcoin in the market by which the estimation cost of 1 bitcoin will not be bring out!! As it is a crytocurrency or a digital currency bitcoin can be circulate more by the authority but that will decrease the exchange rate of bitcoin & its cost  in the market..........so it is better to spend the bitcoin so that the bitcoin in market can be circulate more precisely.😊
Pages:
Jump to: