Pages:
Author

Topic: If prices crash after halving, what would you do? - page 13. (Read 12209 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Prices crashing? Not very likely imo, but it could certainly happen. Prices as of now are so high that most miners, even old ones, are mining , and that will ensure we get enough hashrate going into the halving. Price will probably stagnate at 700 and hold, because I don't see much more panic buying now; it's just the older miners being turned on one last time before the halving kills them profitwise. Demand will probably rise and supply will fall. At the current price, 750 would let S7s mine for a little while longer, and 800 would let them mine even longer than that. Again, all this depends on difficulty. It could drop with old miners all dropping (not instantly, but over time) or rise with S9's being produced at a high rate and being turned on quickly. Time will tell. If it crashes, I really will not care, since I tend to buy CS:GO skins with bitcoin almost immediately after getting any. I have almost no bitcoin left from my "safe" investing, but I sure hope Bitcoin doesn't die in price; it's a great coin.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

But what if prices crash down instead? what would you do?

I think that is possible because many users will sell their bitcoin after halving if the price reach $900-1k per piece. If the price will crashed down i will buy more bitcoins to hold again and sell it for a higher price like i did before.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
It is not necessary that the price would crash, but if it would, it is definite that some might get out in loss by selling their coins in panic.
But as everyone knows, it will not happen.

It will not happen but if it will I would sell all my bitcoins, if its falling now it will not go up again and I really would not believed in it anymore for sure!

Bitcoin gives a chance to get out with profit to everyone.
Just think about them who bought when the price was 800, it went down but it repeated the same price back today and those people might have got out with some profit, right?

That is pretty right I think that some still made some profit but not much, its depending how long you of course hold it.
Everyone can make profit with bitcoin if you are holding long enough and wait on the right time to sell.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
The only thing I'm gonna do is not be surprised.

At all.

Once the smoke has cleared it's the same old bitcoin as before. Just maybe so many new people get caught up in the current hype that it'll turn into something with serious legs but I'm not convinced.

Less production, and we need to stop using the 'supply' word as there's always gonna be no shortage of that at the right price, might have an effect but it's gonna take a while to figure it out properly.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
It is not necessary that the price would crash, but if it would, it is definite that some might get out in loss by selling their coins in panic.

It will not happen but if it will I would sell all my bitcoins, if its falling now it will not go up again and I really would not believed in it anymore for sure!

Bitcoin gives a chance to get out with profit to everyone.
Just think about them who bought when the price was 800, it went down but it repeated the same price back today and those people might have got out with some profit, right?
Activity: 350
The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

I don't think if it crash it will not back to rise again because in the matter of fact all of users seeing a good future of bitcoin also if that crash happens after they sold their btc ,they will buy again at lowest price and wait to rise again.
Activity: 275

Activity: 322

Yeah. I don't think so , because the price already hits $700 + . May be it will be a $1000 in a month or 2.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
Everyone's excited for the halving event happening around July. Everyone's saving hoping that the price will skyrocket after it.

the price will not crash after the halving, actually the opposite is going to happen, the price will start rising much bigger after that because halving has actually happened.

right now there is only the expectations but then it would have happened already and everything will move up so much faster.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
I would wait for the crash to stop and then i would buy slowly. The best time to buy bitcoins is the time when everybody is running away from it like it has AIDS.

This mega pump won't last forever. When the greed is over we will see a dump like we never saw before.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Let's not be negative. Currently, this is the best phase of bitcoins where the price has already increased by $200 in less than a month. If it crashes, it is not the fault of the currency but we should invest wisely rather than just buy bitcoins because the price is increasing rapidly.

I would still hold my coins but not buy more till I recover the amount I've invested.

Well there is a chance it will fall. Regardless how high/low the price will be after the halving. I do expect the price to retract at least 5% since people have no reason to hold on the short term.
Which makes them sell coins, and I will probably do the same with a bit of my bitcoins.

It can fall indeed but I think it will not fall right away than because ostly the bitcoin will get back up it survived many collapse's..

I also think the same, first of all the price of bitcoin will not fall and if that occurred then it will be only a short time fall and will start to increase again much faster, as now bitcoin is in use currency of the world.
Activity: 420
I honestly would panic because, I think I would hold a part and sell a part because if its really crashing after the halving its not gonna get back up in my eyes.
The part I hold is just for the hope and chance it will..
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hopefully, there won't be any panic selling. In that case, the price is definitely gonna decrease. That's the problem with the most people of the earth, when a crypto-currency's value falls a bit, they decide to sell it which causes a great decrease in price. But the chances of panic buying are more, in that case, we're gonna see another price pump of bitcoin! Wink
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Let's not be negative. Currently, this is the best phase of bitcoins where the price has already increased by $200 in less than a month. If it crashes, it is not the fault of the currency but we should invest wisely rather than just buy bitcoins because the price is increasing rapidly.

I would still hold my coins but not buy more till I recover the amount I've invested.

Well there is a chance it will fall. Regardless how high/low the price will be after the halving. I do expect the price to retract at least 5% since people have no reason to hold on the short term.
Which makes them sell coins, and I will probably do the same with a bit of my bitcoins.

It can fall indeed but I think it will not fall right away than because ostly the bitcoin will get back up it survived many collapse's..
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

Activity: 476

I'm hoping that the price will be much higher that it is right now and probably will sell most of my bitcoins that i saved, but if the price crashes after the halving then i should keep them and not sell because doesn't worth too much. If the price crashes then it will go up again after few months or at least at the end of the year.

We are all hoping on this but most likely this is not gonna happen because its simply just simply rising right now and I think it will stay at this price at the halving.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Age does not limit my ability
I am ready for both, after halving the price of BTC might crash because of miners leaving due to the low mining reward, rendering not profitable. That will definitely happen, when halving happens. However soon after maybe like 3 months after the price crash, it will go up. If people continue using bitcoin, the demand will rise, increasing the price.

I think BTC will be around $900-1000USD at the end of this year
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

I'm hoping that the price will be much higher that it is right now and probably will sell most of my bitcoins that i saved, but if the price crashes after the halving then i should keep them and not sell because doesn't worth too much. If the price crashes then it will go up again after few months or at least at the end of the year.
Pages:
Jump to: