Pages:
Author

Topic: If satoshi shows he has still controll of all of his coins what would happen ? - page 4. (Read 448 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
If Satoshi moves his Bitcoins it comes with advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that the market will experience more traffic and attention. The disadvantage is the market will experience an increase in volatility, and the BTC haters will find a means to trace him so they can file unnecessary accusations and lawsuits. Assuming, the BTC was moved to an exchange wallet. This will lead to huge panic and possible changes in BTC development.

Maybe this is what an anonymous user who sent 26.9 BTC to Satoshi's wallet from Binance on the 5th Jan 2024 wants to see maybe it will happen cause he/she can use the BTC to help the people in need.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I don't care what anyone says, I am certain in the belief that Satoshi knew form day one exactly what he was going to do and how he was going to do it in terms of creating/setting up that wallet and then never moving coins out of it.  So I don't think theres any chance that we ever see him come back again.  It would be great of course as bitcoin needs help IMO. 
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Let's assume he moves his coins intentionally then the first thing I can imagine is the shockwave created all around the world both positive and negative news will be the talk of the world on that day which could bring more attention to Bitcoin than ever because Satoshi comes back from hibernation more than a decade.

Market impact depends on how the coins are used, if it's for selling then it could create a domino effect and the crash we never imagined will occur.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
The question is, why would Satoshi Nakamoto make such mistakes? Has he made similar mistakes previously? Can't he move his holding consciously? Whatever the way he moves his coins, the market will shake. I feel the market will move positively because investors will start believing Satoshi Nakamoto is still alive. The crypto community would be crazy to accumulate Bitcoin and think there may be something cooking behind the scenes. But it's just an assumption; it is unpredictable.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
You don't move coins by mistake.

If Satoshi does move his coins, the result on the market will depend on if he is transferring from one cold storage to another or if he's moving them to an exchange wallet which suggests the intention of wanting to sell.

All of the whale alert accounts would being hysteria as well as blogs too, and there would be speculations of if Satoshi wants to come out of anonymity.

If there is no more movement from the account, the crypto community would move on after a week or two.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
Lets assume that by mistake satoshi moves his coins. What would happen to bitcoin?
We don't know what will happen but there will be a chaos, for sure. As far as I know, it's estimated that he owns up to 1.1 million BTC. There are 19 million bitcoins in circulation. Satoshi owns more than 5% of bitcoins that are in circulation. As far as I know, no private or public company owns as much as Satoshi owns, no other individual and organization owns that much too. Now, imagine, tomorrow comes satoshi with one million bitcoins, what will happen? Panic, absolutely every bitcoin holder will be in panic, every business owner and employees will be in panic because it's the situation that no one has thought about and no one has a plan to deal with it. It's a shock.
Activity: 31
Merit: 14
Lets assume that by mistake satoshi moves his coins. What would happen to bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: