Pages:
Author

Topic: If someone is a proven liar, do they deserve to be given negative trust? - page 4. (Read 955 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 340
Jolly? I think I've heard that name before. hmm
Sub-topic:
How different would the forum be if all neutral feedback toward dishonest and lying members was changed to negative?

This thread is just for discussion. No need to get your tits in a knot over it if you take the trust system so seriously that it effects your sleep. It's not a suggestion for change, just a poll and discussion.

However the trust system is not moderated so anyone can tag anyone either because the account is dangerous or because of a personal dispute. That's all I know, and I'm pretty disappointed with the trust system even though in some ways, it works well.

Even though theymos has a wise view regarding the trust system, but not all members can think like theymos. Apart from that, scammers always have their own methods even though the trust system has been implemented in the forum, so the best way is not to trust anyone or don't make any trades here
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
The system is for handling trade risk, not for flagging people for good/bad posts/personalities/ideas.

Does lying indicate that the trade risk is higher than that of someone who is honest, thus requiring negative trust?

Are lies an indicator of trade risk and do they warrant negative trust feedback?

- Leave positive ratings if you actively think that trading with this person is safer than with a random person.
 - Leave negative ratings if you actively think that trading with the person is less safe than with a random person.
 - Unstable behavior could very occasionally be an acceptable reason for leaving negative trust, but if it looks like you're leaving negative trust due to personal disagreements, then that's inappropriate. Ratings are not for popularity contests, virtue signalling, punishing people for your idea of wrongthink, etc.

Sub-topic:
How different would the forum be if all neutral feedback toward dishonest and lying members was changed to negative?

This thread is just for discussion. No need to get your tits in a knot over it if you take the trust system so seriously that it effects your sleep. It's not a suggestion for change, just a poll and discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: