Pages:
Author

Topic: If someone pass away, will their Trust feedback still exist permanently ? - page 2. (Read 649 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
-snipped
AFAIK, there are already cases like that back then, and we can't really tell if the account owners we're dead or not, unless it was publicly announced. In Zepher's case, even if he's still on DT, I don't think that feedbacks from the past should be remove even if the account owner or the account was dead, besides these feedbacks are just meant to be a warning for other users. Especially on cases which had a valid basis, even if it was resolve, some issues can't be denied as long as it happened.

There are many accounts here that are long gone and had left some negative or positive feedback to others, the only different thing was they're not on DT, so they're toothless, their bites are painless.

As for this line:
- You should be willing to forgive past mistakes if the person seems unlikely to do it again.

It wasn't a rule to follow. It depends on every person here, so even if the person was dead, the fact that they didn't remove the feedback was because of their own will, thinking and ideals. We should respect what their decision is and not totally enforce the moderation of trust here. Besides, if it happened to you, you'll do the same.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
Admin wrote that admin doesn't moderate trust in the forum (still not find where he posted it); and some guides on Trust feedback.
Anyway, there are many conceivable ways to abuse the system, but if it happens, you can just shoot me a PM and I'll fix it, probably in less than 24 hours. To do it in a way that's non-obvious, where I wouldn't blacklist the accounts, would require tons of time and sMerit, and is unlikely. I'm inclined to let the current criteria go for a while and see if "unknowns" actually start habitually getting into it, in which case changes would be needed.

- You should be willing to forgive past mistakes if the person seems unlikely to do it again.

I knew Zepher passed away months ago (Zepher Memorial Thread), so this case of Zepher raises a question that:

What will happen if one DT member gave a trust feedback (negative) on another user; then pass away, his / her negative trust feedback will stay forever. Is it fair, if scam accusation solved?
For Zepher case, he left negative Trust feedback on sportsbet.io months ago, before the upgrade of old trust system to Trust and Flag as we have now.
He left negative trust on sportsbet.io on 2017-04-16 (more than two years ago).

Are there solutions for sportsbet.io and others (in the future)?
Admins don't intervene in the trust system unless it's trust spam or advertising in trust walls. To get Zepher's trust deleted/not shown by default, one would have to either hack into his account, or convince the DT1s to exclude Zepher so that they have a net exclusion on DT2.
The special cases, special solutions should be considered. Replacement negative trust to neutral; or remove original negative trust
Trust spam isn't allowed. If I see anyone posting dozens of fake trust ratings (from one account or many alt accounts), I will delete all of their ratings. But Inaba is hiring multiple people to create these ratings. It is impossible for me to determine whether these ratings are "real" or not, so I'm not going to delete them. (Obviously all negative ratings are very likely to be fake, but I'm not going to guess about this.)

I agree that it is a little annoying to see a wall of negative ratings, but this is in the "untrusted" section. The way things are set up currently, untrusted ratings can be easily spammed in a number of ways. That's why those ratings are hidden by default.

I raised the question because people pass away every day, and I do think in some special cases, forum should have unofficial solution for them.
If forum treasure need solution with multi-signature, trust feedback should have special solution on solved cases when trust-feedback-senders pass away.
Pages:
Jump to: