Pages:
Author

Topic: If the US dollar crashed, would it affect bitcoin in any way? - page 4. (Read 6661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
it is very possible. because the benchmark price of bitcoin is USD dollar. and when the dollar weakens against other currencies we are using currencies other than the dollar could feel a huge profit.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037
BTC price road to $80k
I think if it will happen there's no effect in bitcoin they are not the same and i think the bitcoin will be popular if it will happen.
But its impossible that the us dollar will be crashed this year or even in the future because us dollar is our main money world wide. so its impossible..
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
if usd crashed, people with usd on bitcoin exchanges would start buying bitcoin.. then btc would rise.
A USD crash could bump up the value of bitcoin temporarily.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Investors would probably go and find another trustworthy asset.
And yes bitcoin is a trustworthy currency then. But a crash could lead to a real big crisis.
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
I do not think frankly. because the US dollar is so big that it almost can not disappear and when that happens, they have something else for it.

The US dollar will not disappear easily. You have to destroy the US army before you can destroy the US dollar.
Sooner or later this will happen , nothing is endless
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
I think that's definitely going to happen. If it is really bad with your US Dollar, then I'm sure people are going to go to Bitcoin.
I'm really sure, but you never know what can happen. It could also be that Bitcoin is very bad.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
I do not think frankly. because the US dollar is so big that it almost can not disappear and when that happens, they have something else for it.

The US dollar will not disappear easily. You have to destroy the US army before you can destroy the US dollar.
Activity: 294

US Dollar Classic
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
Activity: 420
Anyway I think so, because people step than to go to Bitcoin and companies are increasingly accepting bitcoin.
But I do not think the US dollar is going to crash so fast.
legendary
Activity: 1246
If the US dollar crashes, a new successor has to be found.
Given the current state of fiat, Bitcoin will be a top contender.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
If the US dollar collapses then guys it's only time for one thing and one thing only: war. So please let's not have this scenario in mind. US will never tolerate a single failure, they are like small children, they don't like to lose.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I really doubt that the US dollar will crash anytime soon. If it does though, the price of Bitcoin will rise.

I don't think that the crash of dollar will make way for the growth of bitcoin. Even now we are calibrating the price of bitcoin in accordance to dollar. So, even if the dollar rate gets reduced it impacts the bitcoin price. How it takes place is due to overgrowth in technology or sudden variation in market stats
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
I feel like if anything we will different scenarios attacking the us dollar.

Heres my version:

1. We cripple ourself which is known by the huge deficit in the trillions like we most know

2. Another battle between countries racing to replace the dollars world currency as their own country - like china, buying precious metal, positioning themself to be branded as one. It doesnt have to be china, but I chose china due to bigger economy then the u.s.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
I really doubt that the US dollar will crash anytime soon. If it does though, the price of Bitcoin will rise.

I don't think that will happen, a country with grown economy always has an alternate solution for crisis. So eventually if something goes wrong they will make it stable and don't allow dollar to get crashed
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
If USD crashed then all paper currencies would as they are all tied to the USD in some form or other (free float or peg). It would normally die a death through hyper-inflation (Zimbabwe, Weimar or something like modern day Venezuela is going through right now, 750% a year!) so the price in fiat terms would explode, to da moon etc. But why would you want to swap BTC for hyper inflated fiat? You would use the BTC as a store of wealth like PM's, then when the new US currency is resurrected you could then trade some BTC for the new USD fiat currency if you wish.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
Activity: 448
Yes it would. Most probably the price would go up a bit since investors would look for other currencies to invest. Or...
The price would collapse since a lot of insecurity would run the markets..
Activity: 798
As the title says, what would be the effects on bitcoin if the US economy crashed?

Would there be a sharp rise, as lots of people would want to move their money out of the dollar and into something else, or would the price drop, as a large fraction of the bitcoin community is American?
It would affect of course a bit but not completelty crashing the bitcoin too, it will affect also other currencies that GBP china yuan etc.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
I do not think it will happen so fast.
Otherwise they do have a emergency plan for US dollars.
This is correct. Also comparing USD to bitcoin is like comparing ocean to a glass of water.
USD has tremendous backing force behind it and bitcoin has... well, not much beside constantly divided against itself community and miners obsessed with fast profits.
Pages:
Jump to: