Pages:
Author

Topic: If we didnt had idiots blocking segwit we would be sittting on 4 figures by now - page 5. (Read 7257 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Okay so let me get this right. What you are saying is, we should go against the opinion of experts such as Andreas Antonopoulos, which tell us how stupid it is to raise the blocksize before activating segwit, and instead listen to your opinion, or Roger Ver's opinion, because you somehow know better? Is this a fucking joke?
Nobody with a brain and invested money in Bitcoin is going to value some no nobodies opinion above Andreas and Core dev's. Get real.

AA could be talking what he is told to, we don't know.

Lmao this is the ultimate reasoning that /r/btc nutjobs can reach. And then when they claim blockstream and segwit is a "bankster trojan horse" then that's perfectly fine to say and it's not conspiracy theory nonsense. Always the same fucking bullshit. When /r/btc says something like that it's legitimate and not a conspiracy.

Get real, the fact people that know better than you all agree on segwit needing to be activated before a blocksize increase doesn't mean that they are all together against you and are all bought by "the banks". In fact, if someone is working for banks, then that's Roger Ver and the rest of people wanting to raise the block size to make the network less decentralized by making running nodes way difficult for common people, and by not activating segwit which would give us endless possibilities to make bitcoin more anonymous. But you keep thinking you are a smartass and AA and the rest are all compromised by the banks lmao.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Actually this reply was pretty pathetic lmao, he actually posted a reply

DAFAR ROFL more like JAFFAR  Grin go back to your den
You keep ignoring how Andreas Antonopoulos is on our side. Answer: Are you going to call Andreas Antonopoulos a bankster? A Core shill? A blockstreamer? What are you call him now that Andreas agrees with Core's roadmap? Or you will keep ignoring the fact that the best experts on the field are all supporting Core's roadmap? What's your call on this? Is Roger Ver better than all of them you say?

Let me put this really simple for you.

I am against SegWit, not necessarily pro Bitcoin Unlimited. It just happens that BU has taken philosophically the correct approach to the problem.

The core should separate their enhancements into small packages and present each one to the community separately not in a foul umbrella package known as SegWit. Also I am against ugly hacks. The scaling fix should be simple and elegant aka just increasing the maximum block size.
Okay so let me get this right. What you are saying is, we should go against the opinion of experts such as Andreas Antonopoulos, which tell us how stupid it is to raise the blocksize before activating segwit, and instead listen to your opinion, or Roger Ver's opinion, because you somehow know better? Is this a fucking joke?
Nobody with a brain and invested money in Bitcoin is going to value some no nobodies opinion above Andreas and Core dev's. Get real.

I think he is asking you to engage your brain, understand the situation, and make a decision for yourself instead of making an appeal to authority.  But I suppose that might be difficult if you don't have a strong background in CS, economics and game theory.

Adding a 1mb transaction size limit would fix the only legitimate issue I have heard about and would allow blocks to scale.  Segwit is too big of a change to take lightly.  It should be deployed on an alt coin first to allow testing.  When it does come to bitcoin, it should be done as a hard fork so as not to leave nodes on the network who think they are fully validating when they are actually not.  Or, the software could be changed to allow you to delete just the witness data as an alternative to pruning entire blocks, which is already supported.  There is no reason you couldn't store the transaction chain without the witness data today.  The only thing you gain with segwit is the ability to check block hashes after you delete witness data.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Forget Segwit, Swgwit dont move markets, marketmakers too.

[i m g]https://i.imgflip.com/1fp0j1.jpg[/img]via Imgflip Meme Generator

that was obviously because of halving hype. the second block reward halving happened in July (2016-07-09 to be exact) and before that there were a long period of FUD to keep price down around $450 and accumulate and then the big pump came, if we want to see that again we need something as big as halving and if not the price will continue rising slowly as before.

You are misguided son. Never dismiss the power of the marketmaker aiming for new highs. The force is strong and very hard to fight. Let's see what happens in 20 days from now.

/u/RemindMe! 20 days Grin

Almost 5 days in. 15 days to go.  Wink

Ya but 1000 isn't going to happen this month. Look at the huge resistance from the tiny raise we had these past few days! I wouldn't count on it until segwit is in full force.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

Listen to the "authority". Obey your master. They are THE EXPERTS THEY KNOW BETTER. Get real, you're so oblivious. I'm educated enough to make my own decisions and apparently I have chosen to vote against SegWit in its current form. AA is blowing bubbles out of his mouth when he says how stupid it is to raise the blocksize before activating segwit. Only uneducated people buy his reasoning. So what was the main argument here? That bigger blocks would allow DOS attacks on full nodes because then TXs could somehow have more signatures that need to be checked? Okey then! Let's have a fix JUST FOR THAT AND NOTHING ELSE. That I would welcome very much. But why oh why don't they offer just this one fix without their complete and utter mess aka SegWit? Because SegWit is evil. AA could be talking what he is told to, we don't know. That's why one should not just listen to any "expert" and take what they are saying as the ultimate truth. BTW nodes could just drop the blocks that take too much time to verify. If I can think of a fix to the alleged DOS vulnerability regarding bigger blocks then those experts should be able to come up with a solution without any question. I think AA is fudding the shit out of the technically inept bitcoiners to promote SegWit trojan horse.
legendary
Activity: 3446
Merit: 4415
It just happens that BU has taken philosophically the correct approach to the problem.

I agree but BU is not better than Segwit.

BU can be capped at any size by miners and nodes
Segwit is ugly and would cripple range protocol forever

BU cannot make Bitcoin mainstream with just bigger blocks, you cannot hardfork from 1mb to 1 gig  Shocked The internet cannot even handle 1 gig blocks, so BU dev aint skilled enough for that, BU is just a short-term fix.

Claiming Segwitt is ugly and woud cripple is false it fits for BU better.

Bitcoin needs extra layers to make it mainstream, Segwit will fulfill that job.
legendary

You keep ignoring how Andreas Antonopoulos is on our side. Answer: Are you going to call Andreas Antonopoulos a bankster? A Core shill? A blockstreamer? What are you call him now that Andreas agrees with Core's roadmap? Or you will keep ignoring the fact that the best experts on the field are all supporting Core's roadmap? What's your call on this? Is Roger Ver better than all of them you say?

I am against SegWit, not necessarily pro Bitcoin Unlimited. It just happens that BU has taken philosophically the correct approach to the problem.

The core should separate their enhancements into small packages and present each one to the community separately not in a foul umbrella package known as SegWit. Also I am against ugly hacks. The scaling fix should be simple and elegant aka just increasing the maximum block size.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It just happens that BU has taken philosophically the correct approach to the problem.

BU can be capped at any size by miners and nodes
Segwit is ugly and would cripple range protocol forever
legendary
Activity: 3446
Merit: 4415

legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum

This!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
This is becoming more interesting from day to day, opinions are divided and what will be with some alt that are in segwit are they gonna increase price get more support i mean on litecoin and viacoin. Will segwit be activate sooner on some altcoin more then on bitcoin, and most important is it good thing at the end?
legendary

legendary

legendary

DAFAR ROFL more like JAFFAR  Grin go back to your den
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
So Andreas Antonopoulos is supporting the banksters too?

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/733702311306887168

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one that knows how Bitcoin works is supporting BU, which is funny that is often brought up as the solution for the "segwit complexity" when BU only adds more complexity to the protocol when they find problems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5h70s3/bitcoin_unlimited_bu_the_developers_have_realized/

BU has already been debunked as unstable piece of shit. Nobody with a brain is supporting it, that's how it is. I hope that you are at least getting paid to shill BUllshit. It's funny that you take this narrative of Core being pro bankster when Core has the real crypto anarchist legends like Adam Back on board while the rest have total nobodies and some guy that got lucky and bought a Lamborghini with Bitcoin and calls himself "Bitcoin Jesus" while not knowing shit about Bitcoin.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's a really pathetic reply. I hope you at least get paid for your bullshit you little core pawn.

legendary
So Andreas Antonopoulos is supporting the banksters too?

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/733702311306887168

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one that knows how Bitcoin works is supporting BU, which is funny that is often brought up as the solution for the "segwit complexity" when BU only adds more complexity to the protocol when they find problems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5h70s3/bitcoin_unlimited_bu_the_developers_have_realized/

BU has already been debunked as unstable piece of shit. Nobody with a brain is supporting it, that's how it is. I hope that you are at least getting paid to shill BUllshit. It's funny that you take this narrative of Core being pro bankster when Core has the real crypto anarchist legends like Adam Back on board while the rest have total nobodies and some guy that got lucky and bought a Lamborghini with Bitcoin and calls himself "Bitcoin Jesus" while not knowing shit about Bitcoin.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's a really pathetic reply. I hope you at least get paid for your bullshit you little core pawn.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

The Great Debate | Lombroso/Petrov/Potter/Ver hosted by Whalepool.io

51:16 | "Roger (...) do you think we should activate SegWit now?"
51:22 | Roger Ver: "As I said earlier, I'm a bit agnostic on the whole thing."
54:12 | Roger Ver: "And sorry, I still kinda got sidetracked from SegWit, uhm, again I'm kind of agnostic on the whole SegWit thing,
I'm not, I don't even have enough hashpower to block SegWit if I wanted to. And I certainly won't be the lone holdout."
55:11 | Phil Potter: "Are you willing to endorse SegWit? And if not, why not?"
Roger Ver: "I'm certainly willing to consider endorsing SegWit."

https://soundcloud.com/elux-2/the-great-stakehodler-debate-lombroso-petrov-potter-ver
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Forget Segwit, Swgwit dont move markets, marketmakers too.

[i m g]https://i.imgflip.com/1fp0j1.jpg[/img]via Imgflip Meme Generator

that was obviously because of halving hype. the second block reward halving happened in July (2016-07-09 to be exact) and before that there were a long period of FUD to keep price down around $450 and accumulate and then the big pump came, if we want to see that again we need something as big as halving and if not the price will continue rising slowly as before.

You are misguided son. Never dismiss the power of the marketmaker aiming for new highs. The force is strong and very hard to fight. Let's see what happens in 20 days from now.

/u/RemindMe! 20 days Grin

Almost 5 days in. 15 days to go.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Roger Ver just said on ts.whalepool.io that he is "Segwit agnostic" and that if there was 6% remaining to activate segwit he would switch his pool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5i7sut/roger_ver_just_said_on_tswhalepoolio_that_he_is/
Pages:
Jump to: