Pages:
Author

Topic: If you could give "past you" advice what would it be?? - page 2. (Read 818 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
If I can give my past self an advice, I would tell him to start investing in Bitcoin earlier and stop investing on HYIP and Revshares because they are ponzi schemes. I was scammed different times before on those kind of investments. I will teach him to start and do trading and tell him to join signatire and different bounty campaigns to get more Bitcoin.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I wouldn't give my past self advice. It would change who I am now. We cannot go back or forward in time, only now. Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
It seems to me you can't both jobs at the same eventually you have to let go thr other to focus on the other but the decision is up to you whether you stsy in the world of crypto currency or being an employee. If i could be given a chance to travel back time i would advice myself to not invest in any cloud mining platforms or any ponzi schemes and introduce him the site bitcointalk but i know he wouldn't listen so i'll just chill and go to internet cafe's, buy food or bet in some gambling that i already know the results then win and give it to my past self lol.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
If i will give advises to my past me then i will just tell myself that; don't go for short, go for long term because it is the best for an investor to go for long term so i couldn't miss anything and also do not let the emotion control you, control your emotion, that is what is my main problem was all about it is all about the emotion that drags me to have a greedy move and it makes me regret in the end of the day.

Agree with you pal. Sort of I always selling my coins in dumps and I cant wait when the price hits high. I always sell it in low price because im scared that it will go lower not thinking of it will go higher but not now in few months like you sold it now but after a week the price doubled and tripled it really hurts badly loosing a ton of profit
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
If i will give advises to my past me then i will just tell myself that; don't go for short, go for long term because it is the best for an investor to go for long term so i couldn't miss anything and also do not let the emotion control you, control your emotion, that is what is my main problem was all about it is all about the emotion that drags me to have a greedy move and it makes me regret in the end of the day.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Ehh.. alot of things. Painful to think of actually, know that starting a year later in cryptocurrency would be a huge huge deal in terms of possible gains.
  • Don't base your opinions on reddit,bitcointalk,facebook posts. Research everything.
  • Don't be lazy and read the fookin whitepaper.
  • Don't be too impatient and use market trades. Wait the prices out a bit.
  • DONT GO ALL IN ON ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY

Those are just some. Thinking of all my mistakes is pretty much like slapping myself in the face. Well atleast I've learned from them already.   *maybe*
I think about this sometimes. Here is the thing. I had an opportunity to buy 5.000 bitcoins  for 0.01 USD each, so that would cost me only 50 USD back then. Me and my friend discussed about bitcoins then and we were "too smart" and realized all the potential problems and stuff bitcoin will have to deal with like scalability issues and few others. So we were so smart and decided it won't work and I simply decided not to spend my money on it. From that point further I completely stopped reading forums and articles about bitcoin, simply forgot it. Until few years later I spotted news on the radio that bitcoin reached 1000 USD...

So yeah I still joke about this how I missed great opportunity to be a millionaire today. So my advice to past me would be of course buy those bitcoins at that moment. But the second advice would be more important. Dont stop reading forum posts, dont stop watching how project evolves and put more energy and effort in understanding the tech behind it, dont judge too fast...

First advice would make me buy bitcoins at almost best price possible. The second one would probably help me not to sell them when they reached 1 USD LOL ... Bcause that was my initial plan before i changed my mind alltogether... To sell them at 1 USD if somehow they ever reach that point (my words exactly, from past)

Just my 2 cents
Aside from buy "x" coin, i wish i could advice "past me" not to invest in ponzi game, do more research about bitcoin/blockchain and never trust centralized wallet.
My advice to you would be "Daniel-san, never keep your money on BitCoin exchange, always put it all back in the wallets".. Because of mtgox, btc-e and many others who went down and destroyed peoples finances.  Grin

Thanks for the tips guys, really appreciate it.
It seems LOTS of research and moving your coins to personal wallets are 2 of the most important keys to being successful.
Activity: 29
I think about this sometimes. Here is the thing. I had an opportunity to buy 5.000 bitcoins  for 0.01 USD each, so that would cost me only 50 USD back then. Me and my friend discussed about bitcoins then and we were "too smart" and realized all the potential problems and stuff bitcoin will have to deal with like scalability issues and few others. So we were so smart and decided it won't work and I simply decided not to spend my money on it. From that point further I completely stopped reading forums and articles about bitcoin, simply forgot it. Until few years later I spotted news on the radio that bitcoin reached 1000 USD...

So yeah I still joke about this how I missed great opportunity to be a millionaire today. So my advice to past me would be of course buy those bitcoins at that moment. But the second advice would be more important. Dont stop reading forum posts, dont stop watching how project evolves and put more energy and effort in understanding the tech behind it, dont judge too fast...

First advice would make me buy bitcoins at almost best price possible. The second one would probably help me not to sell them when they reached 1 USD LOL ... Bcause that was my initial plan before i changed my mind alltogether... To sell them at 1 USD if somehow they ever reach that point (my words exactly, from past)

Just my 2 cents
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Ehh.. alot of things. Painful to think of actually, know that starting a year later in cryptocurrency would be a huge huge deal in terms of possible gains.
  • Don't base your opinions on reddit,bitcointalk,facebook posts. Research everything.
  • Don't be lazy and read the fookin whitepaper.
  • Don't be too impatient and use market trades. Wait the prices out a bit.
  • DONT GO ALL IN ON ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY

Those are just some. Thinking of all my mistakes is pretty much like slapping myself in the face. Well atleast I've learned from them already.   *maybe*
Activity: 17
My advice to you would be "Daniel-san, never keep your money on BitCoin exchange, always put it all back in the wallets".. Because of mtgox, btc-e and many others who went down and destroyed peoples finances.  Grin
Activity: 3
If you could travel back in time and give yourself advice what would it be?

I don't mean things like buy "x" coin and sell when it reaches "x" dollars, but more general advice on how to trade in cryptos effectively.
I'm still new to trading and don't know the best way to fast-track my learning.
For example:
- read every thread you can on here and other crypto forums?
- trade small amounts in alt-coins to get a feel for the way things work?
- read every white paper you can and invest in every ICO that has merit?
- just study charts all day to the point you see them in your sleep?
etc.

Unfortunately due to my job I don't get a lot of spare time so I was just wondering what other people opinions were on how to make the most of your time.
Pages:
Jump to: