Pages:
Author

Topic: If you don't pay the fees, you will be BLOCK. - page 2. (Read 1267 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
To avoid beeing blocked I don't like to use customised fees, I like to use recommended ones. I have experiences with unconfirmed transactions but at the end everything went well so I haven't experienced the loss of my coins because of fees.

I think we should not alter the by default fee which is being shown in the wallets, when we send the payment. If the fee is low, it will take a lot of time for the confirmations to happen. And of course if the fee is nil, the transaction will never be confirmed.

Also i think if you want to give zero fee, you can use wallets like coin-base or Xapo, which offers zero tx fee for their customers
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019
But to answer your question, my understanding is that most nodes drop old pending txs after 3 days.
... and some other nodes resend pending txs after 4 days  Grin

for example, go to https://blockchain.info/rejected
take the link with this comment "The Maximum Very Small Inputs Exceeded. Expected at least (150000) satoshi fee"
[copy] txid for a transaction which was rejected by bc.i today
then go to https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/
[paste] the txid and get the original date when this transaction first time appeared on the network
have fun.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
The Satoshi block limits makes sense when you see the stupid things being done to sabotage Bitcoin. The problem is, Bitcoin bounce back

every time, and these idiots just lose money. These tactics are part of a desperate group of people, who think this would bring down the

Blockchain. All the more reason to fight back harder than before...  Wink
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
To avoid beeing blocked I don't like to use customised fees, I like to use recommended ones. I have experiences with unconfirmed transactions but at the end everything went well so I haven't experienced the loss of my coins because of fees.

Same here, i usually use Xapo for transaction but whenever i use blockchain then i just use recommended fees for the transaction and i never faced any problems like unconfirmed transactions or transaction getting blocked and never reaching the destination.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Other day I was thinking, where goes/stay the unconfirmed transactions? It stay on the blockchain too?

Well, maybe we can stop sending btc for 24 hours, one day per year to unstuck this transactions...

And what happens if we got a flood of 1 satoshi transactions without fee?

Unconfirmed transaction are not stored in the Bitcoin blockchain.
They are temporary held in the memory pool of all Bitcoin nodes in the network.
When a miner "finds" a block and "adds" transactions into that block, they are
removed from the memory pools and written into the blockchain.

After a few days, if a tx does not enter a block, those pending txs will be automatically
dropped from the memory pool and "returned" to the original address. Then the tx will
need to be performed again with an appropriate fee.

All txs that have no fee or a very low fee, are usually ignored by a majority of nodes
in the network. During "spam attacks" most nodes are set to ignore those "attack txs".

Thanks, I was thinking that this transactions will stay there on queue forever...

So if you need to send an amount without priority and put a very small fee, it will be back to your address if not confirmed? Have a exactly "days" to this amount return or is something randon?

Technically, the bitcoins never left your address until they are confirmed within a block.
Your wallet software just reduces your amount of bitcoins for appearances and convenience.
So, it never really "returns" to your wallet, since it never left, since it only leaves when you get
into a block. So when most nodes drop your tx, your wallet makes the hidden btc reappear.

But to answer your question, my understanding is that most nodes drop old pending txs after 3 days.

Also, it is important to remember that if you underpaid a fee and want to redo the tx, you can
perform a doublespend with a higher fee and it will cause the nodes to drop invalidate your old tx.

This is very informative. I currently have a transaction which has been stuck for more than 36 hours. The weird thing is, I used the recommended fees of my wallet to send the coins over. Blockchain.info is saying that it is on medium priority and will confirm within 6 blocks. However, I think there has been more than 6 blocks since I sent it.

I got a few questions, I hope you can answer for me.

1. Can I cancel a pending btc transaction which has been stuck?
2. How do you double spend? Is this possible with every wallet? (I'm currently using bitwallet on ios)
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Other day I was thinking, where goes/stay the unconfirmed transactions? It stay on the blockchain too?

Well, maybe we can stop sending btc for 24 hours, one day per year to unstuck this transactions...

Your post made me think,how about that scenario will happen. Is there a limit that if the transaction is not processed say for 3 days,it will be automatically cancelled? Can we have a blockchain holiday for one day in a year? Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

After a few days, if a tx does not enter a block, those pending txs will be automatically
dropped from the memory pool and "returned" to the original address. Then the tx will

All txs that have no fee or a very low fee, are usually ignored by a majority of nodes
in the network. During "spam attacks" most nodes are set to ignore those "attack txs".

Thanks, I was thinking that this transactions will stay there on queue forever...

So if you need to send an amount without priority and put a very small fee, it will be back to your address if not confirmed? Have a exactly "days" to this amount return or is something randon?

Technically, the bitcoins never left your address until they are confirmed within a block.
Your wallet software just reduces your amount of bitcoins for appearances and convenience.
So, it never really "returns" to your wallet, since it never left, since it only leaves when you get
into a block. So when most nodes drop your tx, your wallet makes the hidden btc reappear.

Also, it is important to remember that if you underpaid a fee and want to redo the tx, you can
perform a doublespend with a higher fee and it will cause the nodes to drop invalidate your old tx.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
it's showtime

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
it's showtime

Pages:
Jump to: