Pages:
Author

Topic: If you get your ASIC early would you Solo or Pool mine? - page 2. (Read 2926 times)

Activity: 576
Merit: 500
Solo mining may also be too risky and you may miss your window. Say you start solo mining the 1st week ASICs hit but are unlucky and do not find many/any blocks. Then more people start to get them and difficulty skyrockets. I guess it all depends if you want to take that risk or not, because on the other hand you may be lucky and hit the jackpot before difficulty skyrockets. I personally am sticking to pool mining with stratum because every time I go to Las Vegas I lose all my money  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Considering that the ASICs are going to be shipped in bulk you probably have only one difficulty change before it becomes less profitable. It also depends on when during the 2016 blocks the deliveries show up as well.
The only reason to solo would be to get one of the early 25BTC blocks but the competition will be fierce.

Personally I would just go with a pool that has stratum.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
As the title says. But how much gigahash would you believe is needed to effectively solo mine if its even feasible? 50+ 100+?
I can't help but think Solo mining might be the way to go at first. Just looking for peoples opinions is all Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: