Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had $10,000 to leave for a year... - page 2. (Read 1966 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I would wait some days till monero s LL and start getting up again. I would put most of the money in monero, it has big volume, great community, top support and many updates will follow.
Also investing some amount in BTC won't be a bad idea. LTC and ETH for short-mid time investments will also be a good idea. But keep in mind that most TOP altcoins, besides monero, are ATH, so they may go down soon. ...i would wait some days/weeks for altcoins.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
None of that crap.  In fact if you were to hand me $10,000 today,  I'd buy 1.5BTC and put the rest in the stock market.   But no way in hell would I buy eth or any other crapcoin.  1 year is way too long of a holding period for that sort of risk.
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
If you had $10,000 to leave for a year... I would leave it in Waves. Waves has a good solid platform, and they are working close with Ethererum. I could see Waves giving a multiple times X return in a year.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I certainly would get into Lykke. A good and serious project that will pump like crazy when it's token gets listed on big altcoin exchanges or becomes THE altcoin exchange.

ETH, maybe if the price went down a bit. So a safer buy would be possible.
Some of the projects that utilise ETH are probably better.

FCT, I'm simply waiting for it to go down more. Way more upside on this coin than ETH in a one or two years term.

AUR (yes, Auroracoin), simply because it always moons again.

I have a good feeling about the Taas fund, but we'll see.

I will not invest in:
BTC I try to stay out of. It's an old dinosaur by now and I don't think in time it will even survive as a store of value. First tries on new concepts usually end up being replaced. A good example of that was Napster.

I'm not rich enough to be satisfied with doubles and triples, so LTC doesn't really interest me that much. Plus it has been on a declining trend for a long time. I also don't think it's going to be the future of cryptocurrency. It resembles it's predecessor too much.
Yes I agree with ETH, 100% going in on that. You really think FCT can grow that much? As far as AUR goes... I mean it's nothing special but there hasn't been a pump on it yet... so we could just buy and wait Grin.

From what I gather, without being a techie as such, is that Factoms are used for storing information in an unalterable form and can thus be extremely useful for institutions and companies that depend on preserving data, for example to use in contracts like ethereum provides. Considering how useful efficient and secure data storage is to large corporations who deal with a lot of incoming information in all forms, I think the market cap should be up there with Ethereum. But Factoms are not as applicable for small companies like we currently see in crypto. Creating trust through having smart contracts is a much bigger thing in a lawless world as cryptocurrency currently is. However, when blockchain tech grows out of it's childhood cradle and into mainstream application for all kinds of uses, Factoms will catch up and maybe even grow bigger than Ethereum.
kc.
Activity: 267
uh-huh
I certainly would get into Lykke. A good and serious project that will pump like crazy when it's token gets listed on big altcoin exchanges or becomes THE altcoin exchange.

FCT, I'm simply waiting for it to go down more. Way more upside on this coin than ETH in a one or two years term.

I will not invest in:
BTC I try to stay out of. It's an old dinosaur by now and I don't think in time it will even survive as a store of value. First tries on new concepts usually end up being replaced. A good example of that was Napster.

I'm not rich enough to be satisfied with doubles and triples, so LTC doesn't really interest me that much. Plus it has been on a declining trend for a long time. I also don't think it's going to be the future of cryptocurrency. It resembles it's predecessor too much.
Yes I agree with ETH, 100% going in on that. You really think FCT can grow that much? As far as AUR goes... I mean it's nothing special but there hasn't been a pump on it yet... so we could just buy and wait Grin.
Activity: 94

I will not invest in:

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Follow the fundamentals :

25% split into

BTC - Store of value
XRP - Currency
XMR - Privacy
ETH - Smart contracts

kc.
uh-huh
I think LTC will double up again this year. So if a double up is good for you, then LTC.
I personally don't invest in something I don't believe in, or tend not to. I am staying away from LTC even though there is hype about it.

all in monero
I see it has dipped quite a bit, could be a decent buy but what is special about it?
Activity: 106
all in monero
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I think LTC will double up again this year. So if a double up is good for you, then LTC.
kc.
uh-huh
    ... which crypto(s) would you go in on? You won't be touching them a lot just holding for 1 year+.

My thoughts:
    -ETH
    -GNT
    -Lykke (maybe)
    -NAV
    -ARDR

What else do you guys think, please try and leave a reason why as well? Best to diversify instead of chucking all on ETH imo.
Pages:
Jump to: