Pages:
Author

Topic: If you had 10K to invest would you mine Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2662 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I'm also considering investing in mining equipment.  My local power company has one of the lowest power rates in the US. My residential rates is 4 cents per kW/hr.  The data center rate is is under 1.5 cents.

How much does these power rates effect the economics?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Mining if equipment is bought at a good price as well as cheap electricity rates can be profitable now since difficulty has plateau and is on the slight decline. Cloud mining is also an option.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
What is your electricity cost?

Also you need to know power how much you have, and how many circuits.  During summer count on a AC bill and doing less gear.  In winter if lucky have free/cheap cool air and can use it.

So main things you need to know electricity cost, amount of electricity, and heat removal.  This will help see how ROI will go.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Just buy and HODL Bitcoin.

Sit this one out, wait until the next generation of miners are out, then if price, efficiency, coin price all align favorably, then maybe decide to jump into it.

Simply isn't worth it or profitable at the moment.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
If my electricity cost under about $0.12 USD per kWh including taxes etc I would consider mining bitcoin.  

If my electricity was much more expensive than that I would steer well clear of mining.  
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
End of the year, have about 10K to invest in equipment.  What would you do?

Buy some bitcoins. They're at a really good price right now.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
End of the year, have about 10K to invest in equipment.  What would you do?
Pages:
Jump to: