Pages:
Author

Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it? - page 28. (Read 33361 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 111
What would I do if I had a lot of bitcoin?, I don't have much but how much ever I have I would just save it for future because I have heard that prices are going sky rocket in the future which would give me a profit but on the other if prices go down I'll be in  loss but I still save and take the risk.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
I'll sell some of it and will keep keep some, why am I selling some? because I wanted to replace a car with a better one and also buy an apartment close to my workplace so I do not have to be jammed in the street.
Maybe yoy already plenty of it thats why, if I have already olenty of it I might buy things I needed now and will definitely save some still for savings. Hope you got to sell your btc when the amount is at high. It's too low now.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
I'll sell some of it and will keep keep some, why am I selling some? because I wanted to replace a car with a better one and also buy an apartment close to my workplace so I do not have to be jammed in the street.
Activity: 503
If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
You could actually do both. It is true that people is capable on spending bitcoin if they have a lot of Bitcoin on their wallet. But if you also want to earn for future you can also save a part of it so you could earn for future or even take s part of it on an investment do you could actually have profit in the future.
Agree and that is what i am do after i paid all of my debts, because i know that saving in bitcoin could lead us to be rich in the future, and also there is no wrong to spend bitcoin because it depends on the situation of a person who own of bitcoin. Me even now i do spending by paying all my bills every month and the rest was paying my debts. Hoping that i could start to save after this month.
Hope you can do that, having btc as savings can really help us in the future. Having btc now is an advantage for us to have worked on having btc. Not everyone got a chance to have btc or to know btc so we should really make the most out of it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 280
If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
You could actually do both. It is true that people is capable on spending bitcoin if they have a lot of Bitcoin on their wallet. But if you also want to earn for future you can also save a part of it so you could earn for future or even take s part of it on an investment do you could actually have profit in the future.
Agree and that is what i am do after i paid all of my debts, because i know that saving in bitcoin could lead us to be rich in the future, and also there is no wrong to spend bitcoin because it depends on the situation of a person who own of bitcoin. Me even now i do spending by paying all my bills every month and the rest was paying my debts. Hoping that i could start to save after this month.
Activity: 355
Merit: 100
Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I'll save it, because I think the $ 4000 price is so cheap, ideally the bitcoin price is $ 10,000 and I'm sure the 10k price will not happen soon. be patient and keep buying is better than spend it.

Yes it's better to hold your bitcoin don't spend too much bitcoin it's good to cash out only a small amount or build your own business if you have a lot bitcoin like what I'm doing I build my own business (computer shop) and I'm very thankful that I found bitcoin. I believe bitcoin can reach 5000$ again no doubt that because a lot of country are now accepting and legalized the bitcoin so patient is a virtue Cheesy

Yeah it seems that you are right because it is better to save our bitcoins to spend it. We can see the good progress of the bitcoin in the cryptocurrency world and I can say that the bitcoin is really good for investment. I predict that the bitcoin will become more valuable than before.
I will second you without having a second thought. Saving the Bitcoins mean you are constantly adding on something in your account. The way we have seen the market price of Bitcoin going this much high, I believe there is no other better option than to save the Bitcoins and wait for the right time.
Activity: 331
Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

I would rather do both because as we know we all can earn and at the same time spend the income we are earning because this is the fruit of our hardwork in the job we are doing. I would put up the 70 percent of my total money in savings and use the 30 percent in things I need and things I want because that is how life goes on.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
This question is being asked many times on this forum. You can check the answers and most of them will suggest you to save/hold/reinvest your bitcoins for longer times. Now as you stated that you kept 13 cents and it became 50 cents after 7 months or so. Well that change you may find very little but with bigger investments you get bigger returns. Also, you must invest with right time, such as bitcoin price at lower side, this means you will get more bitcoins in less amount spent. Also, when the price increases the same amount of bitcoin will have more dollar value. Thats very easy calculation but basis of how you invest. Household really hold it.
If i have a lot of bitcoin. I will spend it and i will not stock it on my wallet. Im just afraid because we all know that bitcoin value is unstable so if i have many bitcoins. Maybe i will spend it to my necessary expenses like my daily needs. Foods,clothes, and budget. Or i will buy new gadgets so that i have something to prove that i have money.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
We have more things to await in bitcoin so we better save our coins for future.
Don't spend it in unnecessary things and know your priorities. Or you just regret this after awhile.
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.
Yes you're right I think you have the right to spend it after all it is the fruit of your effort and time but don't waste it to useless things because if it will be for nothing it is better to save it because maybe someday you will need it the most.

If I have a lot I will spend some of it to enjoy life by traveling in different places because I spent most of my time collecting bitcoin and it will the time that money cannot be a problem anymore even spend it on that because there is already have a savings and investment for it that can be use for any purposes. Even spending it there is a way to have it again because of stable source of income.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.

This, actually, is one of the few posts that is sensible in tackling the question in the OP which I believe has been unnecessarily stretched to this point. Why would anyone have some bitcoins and not spend or invest that in the first place? The argument that one shouldn't spend their Bitcoin because it is the future of tomorrow and all that blablabla sounds like an advice from the cave. If we believe that Bitcoin is a currency of a sort, it then means it should be spent too. Aren't currencies meant to be spent or invested? Should we save when we are in dire need of our cash? Certainly not!
Activity: 700
Merit: 277
I suggest to hold bitcoin, do not rush to sell bitcoin even though price trend keeps going down. I'm sure there will be a big surprise before the end of the year, maybe the price will reach $ 7500 before the end of 2017.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I would definitely save it because Bitcoin is not the normal money you have, but is a crypto currency who's value keeps on changing. In case of Bitcoin the value is constantly increasing so it will be better to save it.
On the other hand if it seems that it's value is decreasing slowly or rapidly it will be better to spend it.
Activity: 4
Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
for me its better to save all bitcoins you have earned and only only spent it on important things
Activity: 13
The query is, "if you have a Lot of bitcoin, must you devote it or help save it?". Of system some portion of it will be expended if needed, part of it will be invested and the remaining element will be saved. I believe the principal objective of earning bitcoin is to satisfy our costs and use and not only for show, proper?
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
If i have a lot of bitcoin. Maybe i will cash it out and i will help to renovate our house. Because bitcoin value is unstable so i cant hold it. What if the value falls down. My earnings turns into rock. But if the bitcoin value is stable maybe i will save it for a long time.

Just like you since I have a lot of bitcoin, I will cashout some of it and make use it to beautify our house.  I will buy a car for my family to use.  I will also invest some of it to buy stocks and will even join mutual funds.  Put up my own business.  Some of it will be kept in my wallet because I know that its price will continue to goes up.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130
If i have a lot of bitcoin. Maybe i will cash it out and i will help to renovate our house. Because bitcoin value is unstable so i cant hold it. What if the value falls down. My earnings turns into rock. But if the bitcoin value is stable maybe i will save it for a long time.
Your opinion are contradict. First you are saying of bitcoin value is very unstable, but on your second though, you said if bitcoin value is stable. The fact value of bitcoin is stable if you are looking for long term, see the graph since bitcoin was created until now. The spikes when bitcoin value was down (on 2013-2015) is a normal thing before it raising so high on this year. 
Activity: 286
Its a question that makes me think a bit extra, i do know 2020 bitcoin halving should make the price to grow, maybe it will make bitcoin worth 10000 dollars, maybe less or maybe more, the fact is i wouldnt moove any coin before, since its just more 3 years to reach the halving, and them time to take some coins and exchange and invest into a better life.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
Pages:
Jump to: