Pages:
Author

Topic: If you were to recreate Bitcoin to be better and more secure. How would you? - page 3. (Read 2335 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hey BitCoin enthusiasts, I am trying to figure out if it is possible or if people even want a better BTC. If so how would you go about doing this.

I am not sure it is possible. I would want to make bitcoin ASIC proof, so mining could be more distributed.

Is that even physically possible?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Reward halving to be only 1/3 or 1/4, that will not change the limited total supply but smooth out the distribution phase. Current reward halving scheme is just too steep that causes large appreciation expectation in general
Activity: 672
Hey BitCoin enthusiasts, I am trying to figure out if it is possible or if people even want a better BTC. If so how would you go about doing this.

I am not sure it is possible. I would want to make bitcoin ASIC proof, so mining could be more distributed.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Eliminate the possibility of a 51% attack...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
better and more secure? I would make it so that every transaction has to go through my permission. That way bad actors can't possibly do anything, not even a 51% attack Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Cryptonote

AFAIK, Cryptonote cleans the old transactions, which is not good to keep evidence. Probably good for anonymity though...
Activity: 672
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

1. Looking for ideas including, making it fair for everyone in bitcoin possibly sending to a switch address and receiving the same amount of the new coin?
2. What type of algo you think is best.
3. How many coins?
4. other features the coin can do. (Ex. AI,science,ETC)

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Pages:
Jump to: