Pages:
Author

Topic: Ignore - page 4. (Read 26546 times)

staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
November 16, 2013, 09:06:37 PM
Multiple accounts and and account selling should never be allowed on forums where business is conducted. It's fine on entertainment forums and places like reddit, but it's just a horrible idea to allow this on forums where you are dealing with buying and selling of currency and goods . This opens the door for scammers, shill bidding, and fake service reviews.

It can't be stopped sadly. Even if the moderators tried to stop it. They would deal outside the forum. For example reddit and other sites which has Bitcoin discussion. Most accounts which are sold are used to scamming and the things you have listed. But, some are also sold to allow people to get out of newbie jail. Although, that isn't very hard at all. So, I just consider the person who is selling them as a untrustworthy person because he/she is actually encouraging scamming.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 13, 2013, 04:21:15 PM
Multiple accounts and and account selling should never be allowed on forums where business is conducted. It's fine on entertainment forums and places like reddit, but it's just a horrible idea to allow this on forums where you are dealing with buying and selling of currency and goods . This opens the door for scammers, shill bidding, and fake service reviews.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
November 12, 2013, 09:54:08 AM
Fuck you Danny Boy.

Do not buy from this scammer pig.

Shocked
Why you said he scammer ? Because have many accounts ?

Selling accounts is seen as a scammer thing. It encourages scammers to buy reputation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
November 09, 2013, 06:02:40 PM
bump
Thats one colourfull signature you got dear, shame I don't like you selling accounts...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Ask me anything if you have any problem
November 01, 2013, 01:38:20 PM
Fuck you Danny Boy.

Do not buy from this scammer pig.

Shocked
Why you said he scammer ? Because have many accounts ?
October 30, 2013, 03:21:55 PM
So the more important thing is the date account registered than the post account or activity of an account ?

No, you have it backwards.  With the new activity formula, having an account with a old register date doesn't matter if you've hardly used the account.  You'll show up with the same activity as someone that's new.
What I mean is the price for account are higher based on the date registered but not calculate based on their post or activity
Activity: 503
October 30, 2013, 02:21:41 PM
So the more important thing is the date account registered than the post account or activity of an account ?

No, you have it backwards.  With the new activity formula, having an account with a old register date doesn't matter if you've hardly used the account.  You'll show up with the same activity as someone that's new.
October 30, 2013, 02:07:29 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
October 30, 2013, 11:04:18 AM
bump
still hate you
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
October 28, 2013, 04:58:25 AM
You are making accounts showing up on the first page when sorting by registration date seem less cool Sad

Edit: ehm where is satoshi, not showing up in that list?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3

Yeah but if you just go to members and click "Date registered" to sort the list, satoshis account has always been showing up on the top before, now it doesn't.
October 22, 2013, 09:19:33 AM
You are making accounts showing up on the first page when sorting by registration date seem less cool Sad

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
October 22, 2013, 08:05:16 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 20, 2013, 05:17:49 PM
Lol, how could this be even allowed? Although if people are buying it why no... Cheesy
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
October 16, 2013, 10:28:19 PM
You don't see this other web sites because they are normally run by adults who take responsibility for their actions.  This forum is run by criminals living in a fantasy land.

Haha! Cheesy That's a bit strong don't you think? It seems quite out of character from the usually chirpy Milly Bitcoin happy-go-lucky 'advice'. I've copied this one from your website, it's good wholesome advice, more the kind of line you should be propagating rather than slandering the forum operators:

"Robbery Reported at Bitcoin Exchange Meetup

By Milly Bitcoin – June11, 2013

Many Bitcoin users have been promoting local meetups for Bitcoin exchanges.  The services work by connecting local Bitcoin buyers and sellers who can make exchanges face-to-face.  Of course anytime you meet strangers off the Internet to do cash transaction it is dangerous.  Bitcoin users are now starting to report issues with these meetups.

In this story (now mostly removed) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--174918 a user in Ireland claims the buyer was an undercover Police who suspected the user of dealing drugs.

Now a story out of Germany https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/robbery-in-germany-forum-member-tallos-tried-change-cash-to-btc-231970 where a users claims he was beaten and robbed trying to do an in-person transaction.

Bitcoin developer Mike Hearn has also reported a relative was defrauded by someone who agreed to pick up a laptop in person only to have the person exploit the Paypal dispute policy and obtain a refund.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4L7xDNCmA

Meeting strangers from the Internet to do cash transactions is a dangerous activity no matter how many people tell you they have done it successfully."

http://cointext.com/robbery-reported-at-bitcoin-exchange-meetup/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=robbery-reported-at-bitcoin-exchange-meetup

Wink
October 14, 2013, 04:04:54 PM
I don't see why you guys are making such a big deal about this.  It doesn't matter that these accounts are 1-3 years old.  They don't have any activity and as a result still look like brand new accounts.  The only difference between these accounts and an account that someone just created today is the registration date, and no one with any common sense pays attention to that anyway.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
October 14, 2013, 10:52:02 AM
$10 that's not his actual picture

It's probably not even their main account, he/she could be anyone.

What a lot of garbage. My own account is very new and only a halfwit who doesn't know how to post or someone looking to scam people would want to buy these accounts. Credibility doesn't increase because the account is older, credibility is generated by what you say and the way you say it.

It may be legal, but it's certainly not warranted or wanted.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
September 30, 2013, 11:25:30 AM
None of the accounts have any activity. As I said in the original post, all of the accounts have just a couple of posts.

Why are they useless then?
With activity system, it does not change anything if you are old or not, if you were inactive.

No one will look the date
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
September 27, 2013, 05:04:09 PM
Bump
Just dropped in to say I hate you OP.
Activity: 275
September 26, 2013, 10:29:05 AM
Get them cheap while you can, prices will be going up next week.
Activity: 275
September 25, 2013, 10:55:49 AM
None of the accounts have any activity. As I said in the original post, all of the accounts have just a couple of posts.
Pages:
Jump to: