Pages:
Author

Topic: IIHF World Championship 2023 - page 2. (Read 205 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
May 15, 2023, 04:02:38 PM
I looks like until play-off game starts, there will be low interest to this tournament. So far there were no big news (despite team Hungary managed to make one goal against USA Cheesy probably their first goal against such strong team in their history) . Only team USA outplayed champions, team Finland 4-1, but these are only preliminary stage, so everything is still in future. Btw, if a team bets strongest team in prelims, they always lose to them in play-off.
Today it was really fun day, Canada won against Slovakia just after penalty shootout, Germany lost to USA 2:3. One of the most awaited game of group stage between Finland and Sweden also ended with penalties were Sweden won. And hosts Latvia achieved their ever win against Czechia in World Championship, they won after OT 4:3.
It's sad to see Germany still with 0 points after 3 games because all their games with favorites wree really good.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
May 15, 2023, 05:14:47 AM
I looks like until play-off game starts, there will be low interest to this tournament. So far there were no big news (despite team Hungary managed to make one goal against USA Cheesy probably their first goal against such strong team in their history) . Only team USA outplayed champions, team Finland 4-1, but these are only preliminary stage, so everything is still in future. Btw, if a team bets strongest team in prelims, they always lose to them in play-off.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 12, 2023, 06:01:31 PM
Looks like it has become popular to run tournaments in several countries. IIHF today, FIFA World Cup in Canada, US and Mexico. Amazing that tournament is hosted again in Riga and Tampere, as these two hosted 2021 and 2022 tournaments Cheesy Lucky locals, they have huge chances to watch IIHF live.

As pictures shows, my predictions are the following, from both groups first 4 teams gonna advance to play-off. It wont be a surprise if teams Canada, USA, Finland and Sweden are the strongest, but I am gonna focus more on Switzerland and Germany. These two happens to surprise me with their games from year to year.
It's already common thing to held IIHF to hold championship in tow different countries, probably it's a bit cheaper for hosts. I read that tickets is quite expensive in Riga, despite that there was many spectators in arena. I agree with your predictions more or less, usually group stage is just warm up for big teams. While teams on two lowest lines is going to fight to avoid relegation.
Opening day was interesting. Sweden had difficult match against Germany and scored their only goal just in 3rd period. Bad day for hosts, Latvia had no chance against Canada, while USA made an upset by beating Finland. In 1st period of Czechia - Slovakia we saw 5 goals, but there was not much action in 2nd and 3rd periods and no goals were scored.
Friday results and schedule for Saturday:

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
May 12, 2023, 08:24:02 AM
Looks like it has become popular to run tournaments in several countries. IIHF today, FIFA World Cup in Canada, US and Mexico. Amazing that tournament is hosted again in Riga and Tampere, as these two hosted 2021 and 2022 tournaments Cheesy Lucky locals, they have huge chances to watch IIHF live.

As pictures shows, my predictions are the following, from both groups first 4 teams gonna advance to play-off. It wont be a surprise if teams Canada, USA, Finland and Sweden are the strongest, but I am gonna focus more on Switzerland and Germany. These two happens to surprise me with their games from year to year.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 12, 2023, 06:10:33 AM

On 12th May in Tampere and Riga Ice Hockey World Championship will begin. 16 teams in 2 groups will play. One of hosts - Finland is reigning Champions. While Slovenia and Hungary got promoted from lower division. Most of teams don't have their birghtest stars because of ongoing NHL playoffs. Here is outright odds for tournament winners. Nothing new, Finland, Sweden and Canada is main favorites to win.
Pages:
Jump to: