Pages:
Author

Topic: Illegal content in the blockchain - page 7. (Read 23543 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 02, 2011, 01:39:42 PM
+1 :p
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
June 02, 2011, 01:37:52 PM
Over the last few weeks I managed to use steg-trolling methods to store custom data in the block chain. The only required information to retrieve the data is the starting troll post number and information about the algorithm that was used in my parents basement to store the data.

This data contains information in my diary of trolling. In fact, most countries are likely to do absolutely nothing, as I'm a troll, if you knowingly spread this data. Which is exactly what you're doing right now - reading a parody of a lame troll post.

Please consider this as a warning about the troll's intelligence. In exactly one week from now he'll inform his parents that at the ripe age of 40, he'll finally move out. I can't tell you what to do, but by reading this post at least you'll get a cheap laugh from some silly fool trying to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Choke on my bitcoins, you silly troll.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 02, 2011, 01:29:03 PM
Over the last weeks I managed to use steganographic methods to store custom data in the block chain. The only required information to retrieve the data is the starting block number and information about the algorithm that was used to store the data.

This data contains information that is considered illegal in most Western countries. In fact, most countries are likely to send you to jail, if you knowingly spread this data. Which is exactly what you're doing right now - if you're running a Bitcoin client.

Please consider this as a warning. In exactly one week from now I will inform US police departments about the way how the data can be retrieved from the block chain and how IP addresses of nodes distributing this data can be collected. I can't tell you what to do, but by running a Bitcoin client right now you're in legal jeopardy.
Pages:
Jump to: