Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm a newbie and worried already! - page 2. (Read 405 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 119
February 15, 2018, 08:03:20 AM
Although many people have language barriers and unable to post in English. We should take under consideration that there are small countries with little to none activities on this forum with 0 possibility to earn merits. What about them?
Really, what about them? Probably more than 99% of the world's population doesn't understand enough about bitcoin so as to contribute meaningfully to discussions on Bitcointalk. Hence, they won't receive any merit points on Bitcointalk. That's not a problem, that's a solution.

(Edit: And there a lots of local language sub-boards here. Merit can be earned there as well.)

Look at me: I can't stand on a pair of ice skates without falling over. That means I'm never going to win any trophies in ice skating. Can that possibly be anyone else's problem but my own?
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
February 15, 2018, 07:56:40 AM
I gave you a merit for your reasoned responses. Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
February 15, 2018, 07:47:38 AM
Thank you for your response LoyceV
That means you're reading the wrong threads. Go read threads about Bitcoin instead of Meta and Off-topic. You'll learn more if you do that.
  I'm working on that. Smiley Lots to read thou  Smiley

I see plenty of posts earning Merit. Check Recent merits, and start reading those posts.
  Good advise. I'll look into that.

You just said you have limited knowledge. Why is ranking up so important to you? (rhetorical question)
  It's not important at this stage as being said but will be soon. You asking why? Why ppl invest in bitcoin or why playing games? As much as important to build an imaginary or a real character as it is with ranking up within the forum. It's called progression.

author=theymos link=topic=2818350.msg29540717#msg29540717 date=1517682054
First, most people complaining about merit are constantly posting garbage, and should not rank-up. The forum is not a welfare system; you don't run through a few hoops and then get paid for doing something that nobody actually wants. I like that good forum members can make money, especially when said forum members are in poorer countries and this is a major opportunity for them. I very much do not want to destroy the sig-ad/airdrop/bounty "industry". But I am not going to tolerate people posting garbage upon garbage.
  This kinda make sense. Although many people have language barriers and unable to post in English. We should take under consideration that there are small countries with little to none activities on this forum with 0 possibility to earn merits. What about them?
The forum is not a welfare system; you don't run through a few hoops and then get paid for doing something that nobody actually wants. Huh??
   My nationality is Hungarian and I've red really nice translations, comments not to mention great advises for newbies like me on our topic. You are saying all comments of those are garbage?
   I don't think so but this is just one of those issues ppl facing with.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 15, 2018, 06:46:33 AM
I wish I joined this forum before all merit point system started. Almost on every thread I read about disappointed members regarding the new ranking bulls...t.
That means you're reading the wrong threads. Go read threads about Bitcoin instead of Meta and Off-topic. You'll learn more if you do that.

It's too early to get a clear picture, but my thoughts so far:

First, most people complaining about merit are constantly posting garbage, and should not rank-up. The forum is not a welfare system; you don't run through a few hoops and then get paid for doing something that nobody actually wants. I like that good forum members can make money, especially when said forum members are in poorer countries and this is a major opportunity for them. I very much do not want to destroy the sig-ad/airdrop/bounty "industry". But I am not going to tolerate people posting garbage upon garbage.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
February 15, 2018, 06:39:17 AM
   I wish I joined this forum before all merit point system started. Almost on every thread I read about disappointed members regarding to the new ranking bulls...t. It worries my seeing many great posts getting no merits. I have limited knowledge and skills to be able to earn these points and it freaks me out. I know at my level it isn't a must to earn but when my activity points go up I'll need them to rank up. I see newbies even member and higher up asking for help and tips how to work their way up what fustrates me the most how desperate they are with no success. Is it going to be any changes or we got to leave with this merit nightmare???
Pages:
Jump to: