Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm a victum of xtrememiners.net scammers - page 2. (Read 1785 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
December 12, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
Hello new to this forum but I will say that if it involves anything with bit coin the scamers have been out in full force i mined 3 btc about 2 years ago on my crappy crappy computer then in febuary of this year i responded to an ad off craigslist sold them and the bank cashiers check I got was fraudulent they had been buying cars and getting people to do some scam on sending the shipping money back via western union or something to Nigeria. Its a move I wish I never made it cost me since i cant work they would have come in handy right about now... but don't ever send these things anywhere now without massive amounts of feedback or research and even if they do send your coins back do not let them put anything on the wiki!!!!   
Activity: 5
December 12, 2013, 02:42:46 PM
What a shame, i'm sorry man.Thank you for warning of the scam and good luck in the future.
These people should get more lessons learned every now and than, but unfortunately they are likely to get away with it.
Activity: 11
December 12, 2013, 02:26:51 PM
First step - yesterday I removed reference to xtrememiners.net at hardware comparison wiki page
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Just now scammers from xtrememiners noticed that and tried to restore records. I did undo their changes.
Have a look at the history https://en.bitcoin.it/w/index.php?title=Mining_hardware_comparison&action=history

and sent an email to [email protected]
Hey,

the wiki will have no reference to your fake site until you not refund my BTCs

cao

will keep informed about next turns Wink

Activity: 11
December 12, 2013, 04:25:50 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to start a campaign to compromise xtrememiners.net (Schön Gruß Mr. Berg!)

$10000 (BTC 9.75) are invested and honestly speaking I have no faith to get back neither funds nor promised hardware.
Email conversation tends to be a time stretching. No real names. Site created on wix looks like fake. Invoice not matches to German standards. My claim to refund is silently rejected...
All is very-very suspicious. I decided to stop further communication with the scammers and apply my efforts in other direction.

Any thoughts how to make this campaign more effectively would be great appreciated.

I think I'm not alone in such issue. Bitcoin's last time buzz produces more scammers as well.

Oleg Taranenko
Pages:
Jump to: