Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm about to be 1000X more active on the internet - page 2. (Read 1155 times)

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
I read you get ~$500 per million views.
That's $0.50 per $1000 views.
That's pretty average rate for adsense.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
You make around $500 a month from youtube with only 280ish subscribers?

When did youtube start paying out so much? I thought it was pretty weak payments, like $12.5 per 5k views or something.

You get like $1-2 per 1k views, $3 maybe if you are a popular youtuber. Sounds like bullshit here.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
You make around $500 a month from youtube with only 280ish subscribers?

When did youtube start paying out so much? I thought it was pretty weak payments, like $12.5 per 5k views or something.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
I am no longer just a marijuana video maker. I am a writer, I am a vlogger (I really don't like that term, I want to coin a new word, like "Individualistic Documentarian" or something), I get paid to play video games, and I am a registered minister. And yes, all of these things were true before, I made vlogs, spoke of religion and the future of the Earth, and I played video games (never really publically though). But the money I have earned writing has allowed me the freedom to do so many new things, within the things I was already doing. So you're gonna be seeing a lot more of me on the internet, but somewhat less of me on RIU. Don't worry, I've still got my own homebred strain, and I'll be making a series about that soon. The marijuana videos aren't kaput, they just aren't alone now.

I now have an el gato capture card (1080p Xbox 360 Recording device), a Logitec Webcam (better Megapixel and gives me the capability to make videos longer than 1 minute like on the Iphone), I got a new laptop from a family member (so I can actually edit now, and download things like screen recording software). Now that I have these capabilities, my 280+ subscribers ACTUALLY have something to watch, plus new people will be coming to the channel, since it's not about weed anymore, it's about like a million different things.

Before Devtome I had a series of jobs (I will start at 19 years old, when I left TX). I worked at an avocado warehouse, where I was 1 of 3 English speaking employees on the floor.
I got a "helper" Mexican that couldn't speak English, and I was told to train hi so he could help me do my job. A week in, I was fired.

Since then I have been living from YouTube paycheck to YouTube paycheck, and I haven't been able to get a job no matter how much I apply. I was in Florida for a while, and had applied at abunch of places, one being a grocery store. 3 months later I'm in Colorado and I get a phone call asking if I need a job at the grocery store in florida. Other than YouTube, that is the only work opportunity I have for about a year

I wanted to go to college when I was a kid. I planned on doing community college, getting the basics done. Then moving on to a bigger and better school. But when I got older I learned, you need money for that. And no one had prepared me. Yes I had had jobs, but not $100,000 a year ones. And since I got a full graduation highschool diploma in juvy my junior year, I didn't get the aid of a councilor, or anyone who could help me learn what a student loan is let alone get one.

But with the YouTube checks, I have lived on less than $500 a month (including rent) for the past 8 months.
Pages:
Jump to: