Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm an idiot who just got scammed for 5 BTC :D - page 2. (Read 5751 times)

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I am used to win big and lose big with btc so 5 btc is by no mean the worst loss I had, though yeah, I had better times and it was not great one to be scammed in.

I hope the fucker will spent them on healing his baldness.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I think most of us been scammed one way or another during our time with btc Sad

And most of the times its usually a lesson for next time. But a scam of 5 BTC, is something else. It hurts if you lose that to a scam.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
I think most of us been scammed one way or another during our time with btc Sad

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
damn! that's big amount to loose , won't laugh on you ,  had certain scams before but not these big . Be careful from next time , that i know you will
legendary
Duelbits.com
Not really except the BTC address I've sent coins to. It's posted on first page.
legendary
Duelbits.com
Fixed
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
You have duplicate links in the OP. The correct link to the impostor Yankee.(BitInstant) is: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yankeebitinstant-383069
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
This recently was pulled on me as well. The user they were impersonating was TomatoCage though and the username was Tomatorcage.

It's likely the same scumbag that did this as well.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
I don't think of you as "stupid", I think of the scammer as a "bastard".  Angry

Yeah, I'm agree with you, the OP just need more experience.
More careful on another transaction, make it into lesson.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I still can't believe you got scammed. You are Hero Member why you sent him first even if he was real segvec.
Why did not you used Escrow or asked him to send first.

I did sent to escrow but fake one too, lol.

That's why I said I am an idiot  Tongue

You're not an idiot ,  the scammer is a bastard .  The next time I suggest you to check the forum account ID and use an escrow , cheers.

redsn0w
legendary
Duelbits.com
I still can't believe you got scammed. You are Hero Member why you sent him first even if he was real segvec.

I did sent to escrow but fake one too, lol.

That's why I said I am an idiot  Tongue

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Good scammers are good at social engineering.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Wow that is horrible i don't think of you as stupid you just got tricked but if you would have paid more attention the story will be different now.
Anyway, i hope you recover from it somehow really sorry for your loss.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Still selling? Interested in 1.5btc

Seleem I strongly believe you got scammed by old scammer on this website forum id "marcchernandez"

as this guy "misunderstood " is same scammer

as I just received below reply from this fucker as below

I could take the 2btc @ bitstamp rate and I'll pay the fees. This is my alt account, you can check the feedback on my main account marcchernandez. Magic 8ball is in possession of it for now because I took a loan from him. Pm him if you wish first.

If you're willing to, you can send me 0.5btc in good faith then I will send you the full amount of $750 and then you send me the rest. Let me know if that's good for you. I'm from the United states and will pay with western union.

If you want to use escrow that's okay with me too if you don't mind waiting.

If you agree please between 0.2-0.5btc so I know you're aerious before I send you the cash
18tnG7eYyoiEv6UuiVKvwoCHi98t8rosmA

What's the receivers info for western union?

this guy 100% scammer you so silly not to check forum ids and easily got scammed and lost 5 BTCs[/b]
legendary
Duelbits.com
Well, he is bastard for sure but you can't deny I was stupid here, it was too easy trick I failed on.

staff
Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206
Yield.App

I cannot agree more with you.

And so sorry for your loss, OP. Be careful next time.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Shit, that's bad, sorry for your loss man, I got scammed for a little a while back but not on the forum, I didn't tell anybody about it, felt a little dumb myself. Could you post the bitcoin address you sent the coins too, maybe someone can do a little tracking and find out more about them.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
Ugh that's a tough amount to lose for a lesson.

For 5 BTC I would be investigating every detail from their trust  Grin
Since these users create accounts to scam users like these, and its illegal, can't the bitcointalk admins provide the IP addresses of such users? Would definitely help, if they are not using Tor.
Pages:
Jump to: