Pages:
Author

Topic: Im creating a new cryptocurrency to use in Cuba. Any ideas? - page 2. (Read 216 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
idap.io
Cuba produces a number of the same commodities, such as tobacco, sugar and coffee, resulting in competition in marketing the commodity to the international market, I think a decentralized agro-business based project with a blockhain network would be good to develop
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Why to use only in Cuba? If it is not widespread and popular, it has little value

Because its a local problem. Im sure that anything that solves a problem, has value.

Maybe not to some people, but it definetely will have value to the 470 000+ turists who arrive to Cuba every month and can't use their Visa, or to the thousands of families who send money from the US to their relatives in Cuba, or to the small bussiness owners who want to be able to use ecommerce inside the island.
Activity: 196
Choose some old, well-tested coin and fork it.

Make your own coin from scratch is a madness. You will waste a lot of time and I'm sure once you will be hacked.
Bitcoin is not good due to transactions speed.

Maybe some privacy-focused coin. like Dash?
If you want to attract users who do not want the government to find out about their links to crypto-currencies.

Nice idea, btw. Good luck to you!
Activity: 71
Why to use only in Cuba? If it is not widespread and popular, it has little value
if the internet network there is not accessible to everyone, I can not imagine how it works. if the intermet can be accessed easily and the entire territory of the country can use the internet, I am sure it will be very easy to get users and educate them about the crypto you will create. maybe for now is not the right time.

Internet is not accesible, but intranet access (sites and services inside Cuba) is actually very cheap. Also email services are accesible and cheap as well. I know its not going to be ideal until Internet access becomes extensive, but that could be years away. I was just thinking that in the meantime, maybe the solution should be local.

Thanks for replying. Smiley
I recommend that you look into sonocoin, is an incoming project that can send money as txt, msg, etc...

I just did. Very promissing. But the current presale is 2000SNC min, which is like 3000USD. Same problem to get it as with Bitcoin. Thanks for the reply.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
if the internet network there is not accessible to everyone, I can not imagine how it works. if the intermet can be accessed easily and the entire territory of the country can use the internet, I am sure it will be very easy to get users and educate them about the crypto you will create. maybe for now is not the right time.
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO
Hi. Im a software developer who lives in Cuba, and I have being working for a while in a project to run a new cryptocurrency in order to allow cuban people to use epayments. This are my thoughts:

• It cant be bitcoin. I really dont see it. Getting bitcoins in Cuba its really hard. Mostly because almost all exchanges forbid access and operations from the country. Also minning in Cuba is not an option as you might guess. Sad
  • It has to be email/sms driven to end users. Most people in Cuba dont have easy internet access. There are some public Wifis you can use, but they are very localized and the coverage is small. But, most of the cubans have cellphones (without internet), but they have access to email data plans and sms services. All interactions from the users wallets to the blockchain nodes should be ussing those.
  • It has to work partially offline.Like allowing users to sign transactions offline and send them later when online.
  • It has to be 100% without the government support.There is no way the Central Bank of Cuba (and the government) supports a system like this. They have a monopoly over all the financial system and all the operations are closelly monitored.

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

Any ideas, thought, or comment would be really apreciated!

I recommend that you look into sonocoin, is an incoming project that can send money as txt, msg, etc...
Activity: 121
First you should consider similar experience in other countries that launch pilot projects with a cryptocurrency
Hi. Im a software developer who lives in Cuba, and I have being working for a while in a project to run a new cryptocurrency in order to allow cuban people to use epayments. This are my thoughts:

• It cant be bitcoin. I really dont see it. Getting bitcoins in Cuba its really hard. Mostly because almost all exchanges forbid access and operations from the country. Also minning in Cuba is not an option as you might guess. Sad
  • It has to be email/sms driven to end users. Most people in Cuba dont have easy internet access. There are some public Wifis you can use, but they are very localized and the coverage is small. But, most of the cubans have cellphones (without internet), but they have access to email data plans and sms services. All interactions from the users wallets to the blockchain nodes should be ussing those.
  • It has to work partially offline.Like allowing users to sign transactions offline and send them later when online.
  • It has to be 100% without the government support.There is no way the Central Bank of Cuba (and the government) supports a system like this. They have a monopoly over all the financial system and all the operations are closelly monitored.

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

Any ideas, thought, or comment would be really apreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: