Pages:
Author

Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud - page 3. (Read 102970 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Hey heres another technicality. Hear me out.

The title is that hes giving 100% ROI AWAY to ANYONE who thinks pirate is a fraud.

So, first we have AWAY.

Meaning, to be separate or not with Matthew. So, by sending money to his OWN address, the bitcoins are still with him, and not AWAY.

Secondly, we have ANYONE. Meaning, any person including people who aren't matthew.

So by sending money to himself, he breaks these technicalities. So hes scamming himself. Matthew, I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

I wouldn't drop to his level. The case is clear to anyone without resorting to his own flawed logic.

Argue with an idiot and he beats you at being a jerk.

If it wasnt clear thats a joke, im just using idiot logic Tongue
Activity: 187
Merit: 100

The title is that hes giving 100% ROI AWAY to ANYONE who thinks pirate is a fraud.

So, first we have AWAY.

Meaning, to be separate or not with Matthew. So, by sending money to his OWN address, the bitcoins are still with him, and not AWAY.

Secondly, we have ANYONE. Meaning, any person including people who aren't matthew.

So by sending money to himself, he breaks these technicalities. So hes scamming himself. Matthew, I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

I wouldn't drop to his level. The case is clear to anyone without resorting to his own flawed logic.

Argue with an idiot and he beats you at being a jerk.
Activity: 121
Merit: 102
I'm trying to learn about Bitcoin.

Can someone please recommend to me an online forum where adults discuss this currency in a rational, polite manner without the silliness exhibited here?

Your time is valuable.  Thank you.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

So, first we have AWAY.

+1

before you act ask always a lawyer... Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
He was a pretty cool guy before all these bets.

No, not really.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!

So, first we have AWAY.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
Based on his own technicality, didn't he scam himself? Since his statement says, if I lose I'll send 20 BTC to that address in the example, doesn't he still have to send the BTC to himself?

That's what he did.

Where are the transaction IDs for the multi thousand BTC sends?

Which ones? He sent 20 BTC to that adress, which was his.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Based on his own technicality, didn't he scam himself? Since his statement says, if I lose I'll send 20 BTC to that address in the example, doesn't he still have to send the BTC to himself?

That's what he did.

Where are the transaction IDs for the multi thousand BTC sends?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

That's what he did.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Can someone please recommend to me an online forum where adults discuss this currency in a rational, polite manner without the silliness exhibited here?

Any place but the 'Gambling' subforum would be a good place to start...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
He didn't take anyone's money..... He played a bad prank and lost a lot of respect.....

He took advantage of his "bet" to dump his Pirate's debt while pumping up the price. So it's a double scam.

How so?  No money changed hands as a result of MNW's bet, (other than the example 20BTC) so technically he hasn't stolen anything from anyone... UNLIKE the multiple ponzi schemes and fake exchange hacks.  If MNW didn't actually take anyone's BTC up front, how did he "dump his Pirate's debt"?

Because with his "bet" he slowed the rate of decrease of the price of (phucked) Pirate's debt, just enough for him to sell the amount he owned with minimum loss for him and maximum loss for who took his words as serious. Clear enough? It's called "pump and dump".

+1
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Really this bitcoin experiment is showing us that we need some sort of system where by we pay 20% to the government for services like policing etc and a small percentage to the banks for handling transactions so we dont get scammed.

Brilliant
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
I was wondering all day "what is that bet everyone is talking about?" Is it this one? I am giving 100% ROI to anyone who honestly thought this wasn't a joke. 1GLuTrFW6Bzu54ej6nkoxRA8esHBUHmXPY

Disclaimer: This is a joke, don't send me any money...
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
And to think, I was gonna go look for the bitcoin magazine at Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Bitcoin Magazine published a statement yesterday regarding Matthew's resignation:

The Board of Directors of Bittalk Media Ltd., publisher of Bitcoin Magazine, has accepted resignation of Matthew N. Wright from the position of Director of Bittalk Media Ltd and from the position of Editor In Chief of Bitcoin Magazine effective immediately.

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/announcement/

Well so much for the youtube video of boos, hisses and tomatoes in london that I was waiting to watch. I guess it's time to forget about this show. It's over.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Good. Im glad to see MNW's "lesson" ends up teaching someone at least.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Oh man, it's a real pitty that Matthew becomes a scammer.

He was a pretty cool guy before all these bets.
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
And to think, I was gonna go look for the bitcoin magazine at Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Bitcoin Magazine published a statement yesterday regarding Matthew's resignation:

The Board of Directors of Bittalk Media Ltd., publisher of Bitcoin Magazine, has accepted resignation of Matthew N. Wright from the position of Director of Bittalk Media Ltd and from the position of Editor In Chief of Bitcoin Magazine effective immediately.

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/announcement/

Lets cut this turd loose !
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
The statement also said that it will be Mihai Alisie who talks for Bitcoin Magazine at the conference. Personally I'm happy with how this is turning out, and I will continue to support Bitcoin Magazine.
Pages:
Jump to: