Pages:
Author

Topic: imagining what he will be like the last halving - page 3. (Read 389 times)

Activity: 828
Merit: 657
Well most of us are waiting the next bitcoin halving and speculate about how it will affect the network, mining, fees, and prices

But I wonder how the bitcoin environment will be in years of the last halving. (I know i am not going to live to see that but in any case i want to dream a little with that).

So, picture this: It's near the year 2134 or 2138, and we've experienced the last-ever bitcoin halving. At this point, miners are going to get only 1 Satoshi per mined block, plus transaction fees. It's a far cry from the current scenario and for the next period of 4 years only 210000 new satoshis will be created. That made me think that we need to start trying to save every satoshi available.

For miners, it's safe to assume that transaction fees will go through the roof. As the mining reward shrinks, miners will need to get creative to keep their operations profitable. They might start looking into greener, more sustainable energy sources to cut costs and invest in better mining hardware to maximize their returns.

On the other hand, for folks like us, the incentive to spend our bitcoins may decrease. With rewards diminishing and fees on the rise, there's a stronger argument for holding onto our digital treasure unless it's absolutely necessary. Think of it as a futuristic savings account where every satoshi saved feels like a victory.

In the end, none of us may live to see the year 2138, but it's exciting to imagine how the world of bitcoin will evolve after the last halving. The balance between mining rewards and fees, along with the motivations of miners and users, will surely transform. Who knows what kind of innovative solutions and changes are in store? Until then, let's keep dreaming and HODLing those precious satoshis!

What are your thoughts about the future of bitcoin in times of the last halving ?
Pages:
Jump to: