Pages:
Author

Topic: Imgur images suddenly became invalid? - page 4. (Read 1197 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
I just saw this issue in gambling section but now I see whole forum is affected by this.
For some of my older topics I used Imgur for hosting images and they all work fine so maybe it is something to do with new uploads only.
Is there any way we can fix this or we have to upload all images again?

Base on your question let me said your images was written invalid in the bitcointalk because the image has been removed from imgur website. This made me to do some research on the net and I found out that Imgur to ban explicit images and delete uploads not tied to an account, then if that is the case bitcointalk forum users should use alternative mean of uploading pictures here. Images here is needed to be permanent to be viewing whenever the thread has arrived.
wtf?! They are idiots for doing this, I am going to stop using them and switch to some better image hosting.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1494
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
imgBB is a good alternative to imgur but they dont save your image permanently which it will disappear after few weeks. Well yeah referring to current situation, imgur ain't better though. If the issue stays same I might try talkimg.com then.
By default the "Don't autodelete" is selected which means they will not delete it. I have been using it frequently without any problem from long time.

Thank you Royse! The last time I used imgBB couple years ago, iirc there was no option for autodelete. I'll give a try then and hopefully imgur would fix the issue.

Base on your question let me said your images was written invalid in the bitcointalk because the image has been removed from imgur website. This made me to do some research on the net and I found out that Imgur to ban explicit images and delete uploads not tied to an account, then if that is the case bitcointalk forum users should use alternative mean of uploading pictures here. Images here is needed to be permanent to be viewing whenever the thread has arrived.

Uhm I have an account on imgur and my uploaded images aren't related to NSFW. Actually I was about to upload some image and found the error, then I went to Meta to see if it's only me who having the issue and found this thread. Imgur dont remove the old pics only, but also dont allow us to upload pics here. Seems seeking an alternative is the best way from now. Imgur has been acting weird since they renew its look and keep asking us to buy premium account.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 11, 2023, 03:35:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
May 11, 2023, 03:32:13 PM
imgBB is a good alternative to imgur but they dont save your image permanently which it will disappear after few weeks. Well yeah referring to current situation, imgur ain't better though. If the issue stays same I might try talkimg.com then.
By default the "Don't autodelete" is selected which means they will not delete it. I have been using it frequently without any problem from long time.

talkimg.com looks nice!

Just hosted it :-D

Maybe, the check box about agreeing terms need to be removed and replace it without checking the box. One step less to work.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1494
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
May 11, 2023, 03:26:29 PM
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
May 11, 2023, 03:10:20 PM
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/14/blob6c80a991112ef50e.png

On the browser the above link works fine. Try yourself.

This is on imgBB.

The whole things make me guess that imgur no longer wants bitcointalk users to host their images on the site. Forget about imgur from today.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
May 11, 2023, 02:42:56 PM
The problem is probably from imgur. Their site now automatically redirects from the old domain imgur.com to imgur.io

Not sure why the did this but yes indeed the images with the imgur.com link are not showing in the forum.
are you perhaps using a smartphone? I searched imgur.com using a PC and it still brings me to imgur.com but when I use my smartphone and searched Imgur.com it brings me to imgur.io. also, if I use the URL from the BBCODE provided by Imgur on the address bar it still brings me to the image that was uploaded on their website.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
May 11, 2023, 02:39:43 PM
Another reason in favor of @joker_josue's talkimg.com hosting... Pretty much all my images are broken since I used imgur for everything. Tongue

Maybe theymos can do some magic on his proxy backend so it automatically changes imgur.com to imgur.io before fetching the image?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
May 11, 2023, 02:21:26 PM
The problem is probably from imgur. Their site now automatically redirects from the old domain imgur.com to imgur.io

Not sure why the did this but yes indeed the images with the imgur.com link are not showing in the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1981
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
May 11, 2023, 02:21:08 PM
I just have noticed that too. All of my previously uploaded images are showing as invalid. I can't even access any of the images through the direct link. That's a mess. I don't even have access to most of the images. Damn!
Well, you can use talkimg.com as this is a dedicated hosting by community member joker jossue. I have been using the site for the last few days.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
May 11, 2023, 02:14:58 PM
is it just me or posted images that were uploaded on Imgur, copied the BBcode in order to post here suddenly became "invalid"? this might be a dumb question, but anyone has any idea what was the reason for it?

sorry if the thread is unnecessary.
Pages:
Jump to: