Pages:
Author

Topic: Imperial Coin (IPC) - Announces Neoscrypt Algorithm Fork - page 5. (Read 29500 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Imperial Coin Owner / Developer
helo

how to sync imperialcoin wallet? ver v1.3.0.6-unk-IPC

thanks

OK, we will have a look at it now.....

Activity: 490
Merit: 254
Pointed a miner at this while the difficulty is still low. Smiley
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
kittehcoin.info
Yap, having neoscrypt in IPC is nice idea since it is popular those days. Smart move. There are too many scrypt coins and only few of them will survive. With optimization of neoscrypt kernel interest will rise and also the diff.

It is a big difference in the hash rate to get used to.  A 280X will only do about 100 HH/s running the Neoscrypt algorithm.  The good news is that the algorithm is much harder to break than X11-X17. 
No, 280x can go up to 400Kh/s or maybe more.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
helo

how to sync imperialcoin wallet? ver v1.3.0.6-unk-IPC

thanks
Yap, having neoscrypt in IPC is nice idea since it is popular those days. Smart move. There are too many scrypt coins and only few of them will survive. With optimization of neoscrypt kernel interest will rise and also the diff.

It is a big difference in the hash rate to get used to.  A 280X will only do about 100 HH/s running the Neoscrypt algorithm.  The good news is that the algorithm is much harder to break than X11-X17. 
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
kittehcoin.info
Seeing several surges in mining activity on a few of the pools.

Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Here is a new P2Pools site that you can mine IPC at that we have added to the lists.

http://dutchpool.org:37100/static/

Sweet, IPC meet cryptodust..  Wink
Here is a new P2Pools site that you can mine IPC at that we have added to the lists.

http://dutchpool.org:37100/static/
We have our users guide in work to incorporate all our recent changes.  Are there any other items, that users would like to see in the manual - please PM us with the additions or corrections.
For those wanting to GPU mine IPC now that we have switched over, here is a nice description and download links.  I have tried cgminer 3.7.7 and it works just fine on Neoscrypt.

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7949-the-un-official-how-do-i-mine-neoscrypt-with-cgminer-377b-and-an-ati-gpu-thread/

That's a pretty detailed writeup of a process that looks complicated.  That guy has too much time on his hands..  lol
For those wanting to GPU mine IPC now that we have switched over, here is a nice description and download links.  I have tried cgminer 3.7.7 and it works just fine on Neoscrypt.

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7949-the-un-official-how-do-i-mine-neoscrypt-with-cgminer-377b-and-an-ati-gpu-thread/
Awesome trading and prices on Allcoin (1.1 BTC in past 24 hours) and other exchanges today.  Sorry, but I finally had to break down and sell some when the price rose to 25 and is holding at 21-25 with many buy orders being filled for those prices.  Those people who were buying a 3-4 satoshi a few weeks ago made out very well indeed.

And those of us that have been mining and holding, have made a little btc as well..  Wink

Excellent - glad others are making good money on IPC as well !!!

I'm glad a little birdie suggested it...  Cheesy
Awesome trading and prices on Allcoin (1.1 BTC in past 24 hours) and other exchanges today.  Sorry, but I finally had to break down and sell some when the price rose to 25 and is holding at 21-25 with many buy orders being filled for those prices.  Those people who were buying a 3-4 satoshi a few weeks ago made out very well indeed.

And those of us that have been mining and holding, have made a little btc as well..  Wink

Excellent - glad others are making good money on IPC as well !!!

Any chance ask bittrex about adding it?

We just sent them a follow up notification of our Neoscrypt hard fork and our Trademark announcement - with good trading volume this week - seems like that should be good - never know what all they look for.....
The Imperial Coin (IPC) Team is pleased to announce that we have received approval of our final US Trademark Registration (# 4624326) for the name "Imperial Coin" and it's exclusive use in the world of crypto currencies and beyond.  What this means is that no other coin, group, site or individual can use the name "Imperial Coin" for any purposes without prior written approval from the Imperial Coin (IPC) Team.  All pools, exchanges and other sites that have Imperial Coin (IPC) have already been approved for the usage of the name.  Any coin other than IPC, is NOT approved at this time and is in violation of US Patent and Trademark laws and should be removed immediately.  At this time, the IPC Team has already started submitting DMCA Takedown Notices to offending organizations to remove any coins bearing that name other than IPC.

While at this time, we have a US Trademark (prohibiting usage by US users and sites), there exist reciprocal agreements with many other countries through the World Trade Organization that indicate our trademark should be honored outside the US as well. Please consult your local trademark attorney if you have questions about usage outside the USA.

So why did the IPC Team feel the need to Trademark their name?  Very simple - it is a very popular and recognizable name that we plan on using for a very long time and to avoid confusion with attempts to infringe on our name by other lessor copycat coins.  VERY few coins in our community have gone to the time and expense to file for and gain approval of a trademark for their name - probably only 2-3 at most.  The IPC Team feels that with the issuance of our trademark, no one will question the long term committment of the Imperial Coin (IPC) Team and it will be the start of many more great things for Imperial Coin (IPC).  We have included a few links to the USPTO.gov website with our registration status and issued certificate.  We thank you so much for your support of Imperial Coin (IPC) and look forward to a bright future with the IPC Community.

IPC Trademark Status (USPTO.gov) - http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86214943&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

IPC Trademark Certificate (USPTO.gov) - http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86214943&docId=PB320140812015154#docIndex=0&page=1

IPC Trademark Certificate - http://www.imperialcoin.org/images/IPC-Trademark.pdf
The more people that ask Bittrex, the better.  Please ask!

Pages:
Jump to: