Pages:
Author

Topic: In 2019 over 40m cryptocurrency wallets have been created - page 3. (Read 637 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
That's the evidence of massive number of cryptocurrency user's all over the world. Though it's not the real number of users. Some of them are using multi account but for sure some  of them are new too. Still good number to me.

It's pretty obvious that around 2017 alone, I'm sure a lot of newbies started to find bitcoin or crypto in general that's why the statistics shoots up up to mid-year 2019.

But does the data offer has significance? I don't think so, it's just another numbers in the growing fields of data analysis in this ecosystem, how many wallets owe at least 1 BTC, 10 BTC or 100 BTC?

Yeah, that's for sure. Because cryptocurrency way back 2017 is too much hype. That's why a lot of pumping is happening. But it leaves a bad marks on cryptocurrency because that year also was the year of scamming ICOs which made a impression to public.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
We know that everyone can have more than one crypto wallet. The factors vary. I have more than ten wallets because I trade in many exchangers for arbitration. Besides the wallet on the exchanger, I also have a personal crypto wallet like blockchain. and MEW. So, I'm sure everyone has more than one wallet. Especially crypto users who trade daily.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
More than 40 million cryptocurrency wallets have been created, as of mid-2019, according to market data provider Statista. The report from Statista revealed that there were only around 8 million digital asset wallets in 2016.

The latest numbers from Statista’s report are quite staggering when you consider they’re based on the growth of a single crypto wallet provider, Blockchain.com.

The London-based wallet provider offers one of the most widely-used wallet clients which includes support for Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Stellar (XLM), Paxos Standard Token (PAX), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

Full article
Yes the number of wallet increase for the past few years because of the Bitcoin popularity the crypto manage to attract new people.
But those 40 Million wallets doesn't really mean that it is the number of owner since we could create multiple wallets.
Maybe next time they could also know how many people are using crypto in each country or the percentage of people who are active in crypto on each country.
But this kind of information seems so hard to gather accurately.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
40 million is a huge number just for one year. It seems there are many people who give a chance to cryptocurrencies. Definitely it doesn't mean it is 40 million people considering the multiple accounts.
Activity: 994
Merit: 20
More than 40 million cryptocurrency wallets have been created, as of mid-2019, according to market data provider Statista. The report from Statista revealed that there were only around 8 million digital asset wallets in 2016.

The latest numbers from Statista’s report are quite staggering when you consider they’re based on the growth of a single crypto wallet provider, Blockchain.com.

The London-based wallet provider offers one of the most widely-used wallet clients which includes support for Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Stellar (XLM), Paxos Standard Token (PAX), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

Full article

It is good news if there are not multiple accounts belong to the same person mostly. It shows that the number of people who start to use cryptos is increasing very fast. Also, it shows that the popularity of this market is rising quickly too.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing

that doesn't even make sense!
bitcoin (and by extension altcoin) wallets are open source projects that are run by programmers not companies. if there is a company behind something then it is not a wallet, instead it is a highly risky centralized place which should not be trusted. and as a result they are NEVER "widely-used" at all.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Crypto is increasingly known by many people so it is natural to have fast growth, but in my opinion the number does not represent the number of users, I am sure that everyone who likes crypto has more than one wallet.
But at the same time, the number of people who have heard about cryptocurrencies is constantly growing. For example, in the USA, about 50% of the people known about cryptocurrencies according to information from Neironix
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
On topic reply about those increasing numbers,yeah its good to look at but doesnt mean those are real users considering that multiple wallets can be created by a single person.

Next one which this post is just simply a side advertisement of https://www.coin.space/ ? lol

Though there are certain cryptocurrency holders who uses multiple wallets but it does not account the total number of wallets that has been increased. There are still new users who uses that wallet. Though we cannot account how much has the community have increased using the wallets but given the facts it is still a good news that there is an increase in the community. Though we cannot give the exact number but the rise in the number of wallets is already a big thing to the community.
Activity: 742
Merit: 257
Crypto is increasingly known by many people so it is natural to have fast growth, but in my opinion the number does not represent the number of users, I am sure that everyone who likes crypto has more than one wallet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
On topic reply about those increasing numbers,yeah its good to look at but doesnt mean those are real users considering that multiple wallets can be created by a single person.

Next one which this post is just simply a side advertisement of https://www.coin.space/ ? lol
Indeed we cannot tell the hundred percent accuracy of the statistic since a single person can create multiple account. But what I'm sure is that it really increases. Because among those addresses for 2019 statistics, for sure there are new people. Not only the second or third wallets of a certain person.

We cannot yet say it is a mass adoption but it's slowly going to that path.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
It's pretty obvious that around 2017 alone, I'm sure a lot of newbies started to find bitcoin or crypto in general that's why the statistics shoots up up to mid-year 2019.

But does the data offer has significance? I don't think so, it's just another numbers in the growing fields of data analysis in this ecosystem, how many wallets owe at least 1 BTC, 10 BTC or 100 BTC?
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
But there's no correlation if those 40 million new wallets are own but just one person or 40 million. So I don't think it is a good indication of the supposedly mass adoption, isn't it? So it doesn't mean anything at all, individuals can make many wallets every day and most likely those wallet are not going to be used anyways.

Even if people will create duplicate wallets, 40 million is too big to consider not a huge market adoption. We can see that from 8Million and jumps up to 40Million shows an exponential growth of wallet creators, meaning to say, there's an emerging number of people who are entrusting their financial transaction to cryptocurrency. Lastly, individuals will not create wallets everyday since they haven't have any reason to do it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
This is an interesting data, but the number of wallet that have been created doesn't necessarily represent the number of users since a single person can have or create multiple numbers of wallet. But still this is a huge increase of numbers of wallet that has been created in just a year, it still show a significant increase of the number of people who are involved in crypto.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
well , see this words :
"Blockchain.com has registered a five-fold increase in its wallet users in just the past three years.

As of September 25, 2019, the company’s user count has reached more than 42 million."

42 million,just from 1 company, firstly , i think is a huge prestation. but , wait , since they have a XLM giveaway on this year , i guess its will be a normal thing.
so i just think an increase in the number of wallets created,its doesn't mean people like to crypto have incrased too. since that can be cheating , i mean that giveaway.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
Expect that it will double the number in just 5 years because of the continues adoptation of cryptocurrencies all over the world and speaking of adoptation, there are also some big companies right now that are willing to engage in the crypto industry. Expecting with their wide range connection, most of these Big companies's Employees will also have their own crypto wallets with a span of 5 years. which will lead to the mass creation of crypto wallets in that years.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 325
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Good to hear but not that surprising. Holders of bitcoin are most likely having multiple wallets to further manage their holdings. And having said that it's 3 years before, which is 2016, the 2017 bull run is the greatest factor to the sudden increase in bitcoin wallets. People are just FOMO and straight out want to buy Bitcoin at that time. However, after that, I don't think there's much new wallets generated. Still a nice news to hear though.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
I am very surprised to know that more than 40 million cryptocurrecy wallets have been created until 2019. The 40 million figure is
a very large number considering that before in 2016 there were only 8 million digital assets wallets. But this does not signify a
significant addition of users, considering that someone can make a lot of wallets. Even so, this is a separate achievement for wallet
provider blockchain.com because of its very significant development. But even though it is not pure users who have increased by
40 million but at least the minimum user has increased by around 30% of 40 million wallets have been created. That is also not a
small amount that has increased by around 30%, I estimate, with this I'm more optimistic that cryptocurrency is more and more using.
And can easily influence the price of cryptocurrency so can keep going up too.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Even though they could be multiple wallet of single person, made specifically to claim that stellar airdrop, we could still see there's a large growth of people knowing and using bitcoins.
Personally I have helped a dozen of people about bitcoins and altcoins. I now have a larger local circle of friends who trade and deals in bitcoins. Most of them are still suspicious about its future but they are using it in one form or other.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
As I understand, this article talks only about wallets created on Blockchain.com, right? And total number of wallets is pretty much meaningless stats. 40 millions is big number, but it doesn't say anything. I have no idea how many Bitcoin addresses I have generated in 2019, but it's not small number. Some people prefer to generate new address for each transaction. And we are speaking just about single service - it doesn't give general view about increasing number of crypto users, it only shows that Blockchain.com grow up significantly since 2016.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
But there's no correlation if those 40 million new wallets are own but just one person or 40 million. So I don't think it is a good indication of the supposedly mass adoption, isn't it? So it doesn't mean anything at all, individuals can make many wallets every day and most likely those wallet are not going to be used anyways.
Pages:
Jump to: