Pages:
Author

Topic: In it just for the money? - page 3. (Read 1385 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 07:30:28 AM
that's kinda the big issue in the crypto world really, and the reason we are seeing the SEC freaking out and going bananas. It's because a lot of people, as you've mentioned, don't care about the idea behind the project and the real "value" and impact it might provide in the future, but care monstly about making a short term profit. Your approach to the situation looks good, and I believe you should invest in what you trust in. The profits will come with time and you should always look at the long term, the horizon. The industry is still quite new and there aren't many user around to get these service going, but in a couple of year thing will be different, and you might be handsomely rewarded if you'll be invested during that time.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
October 25, 2017, 06:27:11 AM
To be honest, I am in it for the money in every aspect Smiley

Well, I wouldnt join anything if it clearly was illegal and/or morally wrong stuff. But other than that its for the potential money Smiley
Not only you, have I thought everyone here comes for the money. There may be some other reasons for every other individual but for me too, I prefer to come here just for earning money. These coins have shown such great shine of profits that we are unable to control. Methods for earning are much easier, just need some focus and observations so that we can earn more than we actually expected.
Activity: 406
October 25, 2017, 05:39:18 AM
The answer would be simple, its yes many of them including me are here for making money and that matter is return on investment for which lots of research and lots of pros and cons have to be understood to really make good money. I still see good technical aspects for any project would give them good investors and good returns as well , thats how the projects are becoming successful. I would look this way study the project details , if we all find it worthy take a decision and move on, else look for some other project.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 05:37:04 AM
The money is not really that big at this point, it's much more about the perspective. And yes, the purpose and motivation behind a project is sometimes really important. I've invested in a couple of ICO's just because I think those enterprises strive for something I care for.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 05:26:31 AM
If you choose a good ICO, investing can make you richer, but if not you can just lost your money. You should have some point that are significant for you in choosing ICO. About Idea i think you should have to things in your mined - Are people need this idea? Do I understand it? If you have two YES, goes to list how to understand that ICO isn't a Scam. my list - Team and it background, Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, Have partnership with fonds or organizations, in WP there is information abt amount of money to each stage, Good support in social media, and good customer service in official resources. Due to this reasons I choose Confideal and waiting for start their ICO

Sometimes it is not easy to find a good ICO but if you really are accustomed in ico participation then it is much easier fo find legit or not. Because their are always releases almost everyday in the market and depending if they are mine-able or not they could increase in prices. Because even if they are released in the market they dont really standout until their are some investors who make a good news out of that coin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
October 25, 2017, 05:26:28 AM
Of course. The sole purpose for anyone doing this is to earn money. But at the same time you learn about cryptocurrencies and the potential of them.
Activity: 42
October 25, 2017, 05:25:36 AM
I always follow a few ICOs on a regular basis. yes, there is a lot of scams but there are a lot good ICOs also. Yes, I invest in legit ICOs.
Activity: 42
October 25, 2017, 05:20:56 AM
If you choose a good ICO, investing can make you richer, but if not you can just lost your money. You should have some point that are significant for you in choosing ICO. About Idea i think you should have to things in your mined - Are people need this idea? Do I understand it? If you have two YES, goes to list how to understand that ICO isn't a Scam. my list - Team and it background, Timeline of projects a clearly and easily to understand, Have partnership with fonds or organizations, in WP there is information abt amount of money to each stage, Good support in social media, and good customer service in official resources. Due to this reasons I choose Confideal and waiting for start their ICO
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
October 25, 2017, 04:34:05 AM
I suppose I am in mostly for money, but with ethical restraints. If I think something is unethical I won't get involved even if it would make profit. But then I don't evaluate every project from an ethical perspective, it's just those that clearly stand out as wrong for me.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
I believe that it not about all,  when I choose the project for investment, I look what is its purpose, what it can give a new, unique to the world, how can it changes the human world..
Activity: 448
October 25, 2017, 03:40:39 AM
It's a business so when you invest, you are expecting roi. I know it's not just an investment and it promises a greater use  in the future technology but  the bottom line is still the profit. The profit is what both drives the devs and the investors to do it.
Activity: 15
October 24, 2017, 11:32:38 PM
Of course when investing you would love a great ROI but I was interested to see if that's the main criteria people are looking for. I love the mix reaction and people are as invested in the tech as they are the profits.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
October 24, 2017, 10:17:04 PM
I like the tech that drives Cryptocurrency.  I find it fascinating.  However, I would probably think better if I were driving a Lamborghini. Seriously though, any disruptive tech that challenges the status quo is okay by me.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 10:05:35 PM
While I have put in some money hoping to gain a profit, I am also extremely interested in the tech. Getting to watch it grow and evolve is exciting and I will hopefully get to use it in the near future in one way or another for a legitimate reason. Exciting times. Worried about the amount of scams and shit coins floating out there. Hopefully they get weeded out and the real coins and tokens survive.
Activity: 602
October 24, 2017, 09:47:07 PM
Yeah for real, people build business to earn profit.Like ICO if its successful then it will be alot of profit to be earn.There really thinking of the money but in a way that ina good for humanity.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
October 24, 2017, 09:35:49 PM
When investing in ICOs, are there times when you invest for a high ROI but don't really care for the cause behind the project? Or do you only invest when you believe the project has a strong use case and feel personally attached?

I am new to BitcoinTalk but I am not new to investing. With all my investments, my criteria is whether I believe in the idea and whether it is something the world needs. In other words, if I don't feel personally invested in the idea, then I won't be investing my money.

For example, there is a new project called Protex and I invested in their pre-sale because I believe they are going to solve a major issue the entire world has. They are a data security company that will give the power of data back to the users instead of large corporations. All while essentially eliminate data breaches. With a platform that will positively affect everyday of my life, it is easy to be invested in them.

But I want to know your thoughts! In it just for the money?

Most people here would be considering the bounty as their priority over the cause of the project they are promoting. It is not really bad because they are here to receive bounty in return to their tasks. But it would be much better if their hearts and minds are also where their project is. I am personally a believer of the project whose signature I am wearing right now. Aside from the bounty that I am expecting, I strongly agree with their main objectives. 
Activity: 154
October 24, 2017, 09:11:01 PM
It is not the money that attracted me to cryptocurrencies at first. I really believe in the technology and potential it has to disrupt our society and economy in the future, money is just an added bonus we can (hopefully) earn on the way there Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
October 24, 2017, 08:50:06 PM
I think everybody is in it for the money but just for the money? No not me and I dont even like many ICOs to begin with. I invest sparingly into ICOs because you generally get failed promises and nothing more
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
October 24, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
Well the reason we invest is for the money, but still before I invest on an ICO or any type of investment it is important that you research about the company. Thats for investing only for trading it is totally different as long as it seems that i will make a profit, i will buy it.

I only invested in two ICO and hoping to have a great ROI.
Activity: 15
October 24, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
Great answers everyone! Along with losing money, is there ever a feeling of disappointment when a project doesn't turn out successful? Of course everyone hates losing money, but are there times when you're disappointed that the tech won't be available to the public at full scale?
Pages:
Jump to: