Pages:
Author

Topic: [In stock] Gridseed 5-chips USB miner - $259 - page 2. (Read 23757 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
Received mine today. Have yet to hook it up. That control board is so damn tiny 1.5"x1.5".

Thanks Seeds
Activity: 423
Hi Seeds, is it possible in any future orders I make with you to ship usps or if it is direct from china is there a form of mail service that switches to USPS/Canada post, DHL charged me $20 at the door. I hate those DHL bastards. Edit: I also really hate those UPS bastards

I can use EMS. It will go into the post system like USPS and Canada post.

In which case you still need to pay that $15. Anything coming in Canada that is greater than $10 (Well most of the time), will be charged a 13% "tax" on the product.

I'm not sure if there is a way to avoid that.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi Seeds, is it possible in any future orders I make with you to ship usps or if it is direct from china is there a form of mail service that switches to USPS/Canada post, DHL charged me $20 at the door. I hate those DHL bastards. Edit: I also really hate those UPS bastards

I can use EMS. It will go into the post system like USPS and Canada post.
I am a meat Popsicle
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
I just got mine today! Just trying to figure how to use these :S

I got everything connected (Hacked up my PSU 12V line), used cpuminer, but my device is hashing at 150Kh/s then drops to 90Kh/s (Im mining on suchcoins.com).

Also, on the cpuminer I see this:

As you can see, it shows 0.00Kh/s

Where can I get a good copy of cpuminer?

Thanks!

That's software related, check out your pool you will find out that it is hashing ... at full speed ...
Activity: 423
I just got mine today! Just trying to figure how to use these :S

I got everything connected (Hacked up my PSU 12V line), used cpuminer, but my device is hashing at 150Kh/s then drops to 90Kh/s (Im mining on suchcoins.com).

Also, on the cpuminer I see this:

As you can see, it shows 0.00Kh/s

Where can I get a good copy of cpuminer?

Thanks!
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
did anybody from europe get this units ?

yes, I got them from seeds .... switzerland ...
Activity: 44

mine still in customs  Shocked been there a week now.

But what can they do with this. Send it back to China, or just gonna let you pay taxes? They have to send it trough eventually wont they?
Activity: 155
Merit: 100

Yes, but not from seeds and I live in switzerland - not directly EU, but europe.  Wink
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!

that is what im scared of exactly ;x
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Activity: 41
Simon66, BitcoinValet, SummersideGuy, suchmoon, pistachio, Drystion, and mtnksf, your packages have benn shipped. Please check pm for the tracking number. Thanks.
Activity: 392
I was hoping someone would have experience with which regulated switch. I have the lightning asic, but not sure where thy got their equipment from... ; (
Activity: 480
Wow, for some reason I didn't know we could do this with the gridseeds.  I saw a video online where someone said they fried it hooking up to 12v from an ATX power supply.  I'm guessing he must have crossed the wires or did something wrong, because you have this up and running. Thank you for sharing.

-X
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hi all

I received all my units. Below is a couple of pictures of the temporary set up. I made my own power connectors out of male molex 4 pin power connectors with the 12 v line powering 2 gridseeds. I'm using 2.5X5.5 plugs, and although they fit and work, they are kind of loose. I might try something different for a next batch. This is connected to a 600 watt computer psu. I don't have a killawatt, but i might pick one up today to really see if these acutally draw so little power. They are kind of noisy but i plan on sticking them in a garage so noise shouldn't be an issue.
Full Gallery
http://imgur.com/a/SDxYy
Can you list the specs for your PSU or model, also how many did you wire to the psu and what is your setup here. I have a few PC PSU's lying around and these looks like a better option for me then wasting money on some something on ebay.

I'll get more detailed pictures of the connectors I made when I get home tonight. As for the PSU its a 650 watt thermaltake that I've had for about 2-3 year now...
I am a meat Popsicle
Hi all

I received all my units. Below is a couple of pictures of the temporary set up. I made my own power connectors out of male molex 4 pin power connectors with the 12 v line powering 2 gridseeds. I'm using 2.5X5.5 plugs, and although they fit and work, they are kind of loose. I might try something different for a next batch. This is connected to a 600 watt computer psu. I don't have a killawatt, but i might pick one up today to really see if these acutally draw so little power. They are kind of noisy but i plan on sticking them in a garage so noise shouldn't be an issue.

Full Gallery
Can you list the specs for your PSU or model, also how many did you wire to the psu and what is your setup here. I have a few PC PSU's lying around and these looks like a better option for me then wasting money on some something on ebay.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hi all

Full Gallery
I am a meat Popsicle
Received my product today. That yellow foam thing that came with the box make sure you guys don't throw it I let my dog bite it for a while since I thoguth it was packaging but its actually the controller inside between the foam bricks.

Oops, sorry forgot to tell you this  Sad
\

LOL its not your fault. One question to you though or anyone on the thread: where can I get the Power supply, cables, and the usb plug ins for these?
Ive been looking at these on ebay to power the units:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-20A-240W-Switch-Switching-Power-Supply-Driver-For-LED-Strip-Light-110V-220V-/370609614049?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a0dece1#ht_2833wt_1312

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-30A-360W-Switch-Power-Supply-Driver-for-LED-Strip-Light-Display-110V-220V-/360806570959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5401bf5bcf#ht_4404wt_1312

the first would power 4 the second would power 6, then you just need some cable ends
Activity: 392
Received my product today. That yellow foam thing that came with the box make sure you guys don't throw it I let my dog bite it for a while since I thoguth it was packaging but its actually the controller inside between the foam bricks.

Oops, sorry forgot to tell you this  Sad
\

LOL its not your fault. One question to you though or anyone on the thread: where can I get the Power supply, cables, and the usb plug ins for these?
Pages:
Jump to: