Pages:
Author

Topic: In the future, will fiat currencies be necessary in the world? - page 10. (Read 35815 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250
surely because the paper money will never die or be replaced by a digital currency, so whenever paper money will be used anytime and will never be lost
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
No matter how digital the world will be, fiat will still be relevant. The government still needs it and moreso some places will never be digitalised and fiat will be the only means of transaction. We shouldn't eradicate or preach against fiat, but rather find ways by which both digital currencies and fiat can coexist.

I am agree. Fiat money can transform become digital money but still controlled by central banks. For government, fiat money still needed because government must be need economic growth. But i think fiat money not in paper money but in digital form
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1
No matter how digital the world will be, fiat will still be relevant. The government still needs it and moreso some places will never be digitalised and fiat will be the only means of transaction. We shouldn't eradicate or preach against fiat, but rather find ways by which both digital currencies and fiat can coexist.
Activity: 840
Fiat currency still needed by any government or country. Government must be want to control their economic situation and using fiat money is the way. Beside that, bitcoin is decentralized cryptocurrency and government can not touch it. Every government must be want to control their inflation and economic growth and i think its more easy if using fiat money
Activity: 896
Merit: 630
I think, use of crypto currencies overwhelm fiat currencies soon or later and it is just matter of time. But some of important fiat currencies will be used like gold. Maybe some of goverments would do that because they don't want to lose totally their control on their own economy.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Except there is an extinction to rural dwellers and developing countries, that is only when fiat wont be neccessary, part the limitation of Crypto is Internet, as you cannot access your wallet without the internet facility.
Activity: 1050
Of course. Fiat becomes a physical payment instrument. although crypto currencies are growing rapidly, but don't forget that crypto currencies have value because there is fiat money. Fiat indirectly becomes a crypto value gauge.
I totally agree with your point of view. I still don't get it why people often see fiat currency as the bad guy forgetting that without it we can't actually value whatever crypto assets we're holding. Well, maybe because of the government backing which is anticrypto.
Activity: 602
I think that now there is no substitute for fiat currencies. Yes, cryptocurrency is a good thing, but as the main currency is too unpredictable. If the government decides to use it - no one knows what will happen to the economy, people may lose all their savings. And who will be blamed for this? - Of course the government!
Therefore, the government is just watching.

I am agree that hard to replace fiat currency. Cryptocurrency is too volatile if used as currency beside that, its more flexible using fiat money for our transaction. But i think cryptocurrency can be substitute for fiat currency if we want make transaction more faster and secure
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
The fiat currencies were not presented in this world before long time ago but the people were trading for too long time this shows why the currency method keep changing and evolving as per the people needs so there is no need for the fiat currencies to stay forever if the cryptocurrencies can satisfy all the needs of the fit and can give more advantages than the fiat then cryptos will replace it.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
I think Fiat will have a digital system like CC with easy use, although blockchain cryptocurrency is better but I don't think it will be possible if crypto is a substitute because their decentralization, the government will make other ways to keep control on their side.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
it seems you don't know what you're talking about, government-made digital money is another form or another version of fiat. Look at a credit card or debit card, it is a form of a fiat digital currency model, while crypto can be called a virtual currency, and may take place in the future too

digital and virtual are both the same . government didnt also made a digital money because what they made is a physical one . even cryptos and credit cards are now popular today , many people are still continuing to use fiat becuase this is the most easiest and most legal way to use as a currency  . virtual ones is only optional if we are doing a transaction over the internet  .

Bad thing is that hacker will have smiles on the face in that case cuz we all digital money (crypto for example) can be hacked and stolen.

that will only depend on your handling  . cryptos are known to be secure but if you are not cautious on what you are doing you can potentially lost your account or your coins  becuase they are too many threats online  .

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
for me, I can not tell about a fiat currencies but I think everyone might need a fiat currency because not all people are using and knowingly working in a cryptocurrencies in the country. but when our future is touched our attention maybe the cryptpcurrency is approaching a fiat no later today tomorrow. but after all when we use fiat money we can see the real result so we just follow what is right.
if we look at the perspective of a crypto user, of course the answer will vary greatly, some users may still need it and other users don't need it, but you're right. why we don't ask answers to outsiders? of course they are still very dependent on fiat
Use of fiat is almost zero because people loved to use digital currency more than fiat. Fiat is now support only by few counted number of people but digital money is world popular and it’s being liked by people for huge profit and easy use at any place without any difficulties because mostly countries has adopted it as payment resource.
it seems you don't know what you're talking about, government-made digital money is another form or another version of fiat. Look at a credit card or debit card, it is a form of a fiat digital currency model, while crypto can be called a virtual currency, and may take place in the future too
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
for me, I can not tell about a fiat currencies but I think everyone might need a fiat currency because not all people are using and knowingly working in a cryptocurrencies in the country. but when our future is touched our attention maybe the cryptpcurrency is approaching a fiat no later today tomorrow. but after all when we use fiat money we can see the real result so we just follow what is right.
if we look at the perspective of a crypto user, of course the answer will vary greatly, some users may still need it and other users don't need it, but you're right. why we don't ask answers to outsiders? of course they are still very dependent on fiat
Use of fiat is almost zero because people loved to use digital currency more than fiat. Fiat is now support only by few counted number of people but digital money is world popular and it’s being liked by people for huge profit and easy use at any place without any difficulties because mostly countries has adopted it as payment resource.
people now much using digital payment than fiat.and much support this payment methode, so it made people very comfort with this way.no more bring huge money in their wallet.and perhaps in near future bitcoin could used to.
Activity: 185
Merit: 2
Of course, it will be stay in our world and pass it on our generations and as long as people didn't know about crypto many people will not accepted about some crypto transactions as a payment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 38
Basically, I believe that as long as governments exist, fiat currencies will always be there.

But this does not mean that alternative forms of exchange, like bitcoin, cannot also exist and flourish.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
Activity: 434
Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data
Yes of course we still need our paper money because we all know that other people still don't want to use online currency. And I think we can't force them to use it for payment to their transaction and some issues about those people who scam other people that can really make other people to get afraid of using online currency that's why we should make sure that it must be solved first in order to use this currency worldwide.
Activity: 336
Well we hope to advance to a faster and more secured payment system and cryptocurrencies have such feature but the only problem with cryptocurrencies its issues concerning volatility. Until we are able to solve the issue of cryptocurrency volatility then we cannot do away without fiat currency.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Of course, we need the national money of the states; without them, our society will not be able to function normally. The system of monetary relations was formed and developed over the centuries and millennia. It can not be broken in one moment, it is more than reckless. And in any case, it will exist regardless of the desire of persons engaged in cryptocurrency. No state will ever give up their national money. It would be a great folly.
Activity: 53
I think that now there is no substitute for fiat currencies. Yes, cryptocurrency is a good thing, but as the main currency is too unpredictable. If the government decides to use it - no one knows what will happen to the economy, people may lose all their savings. And who will be blamed for this? - Of course the government!
Therefore, the government is just watching.
Pages:
Jump to: