Pages:
Author

Topic: In this thread list fears that exist in every Bitcoiner's mind. - page 2. (Read 4684 times)

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000
1. My bike getting stolen, It would be the 6th Bike in a year, I maybe do live in the bike theft capital of the world though....

Never again I will ride a conventional bike... Been kickbiking for 2 years already and it's the second best thing after Bitcoin that has happened to me.

What do you do when you're going uphill? Or do you just wheel it up and then ride back down the other side?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
You mean to tell me you ride a child's push bike?

only faggots sit on some sharp saddle between their ass crack squashing their balls. is that what you were asking for with that question? don't be that guy who ridicules innovation, you're on a wrong forum for that. try that kickbike and then come say your opinion. I have used a bicycle a lot in past thus my opinion has value while yours is purely based on prejudice.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
I live in Amsterdam, I doubt Eugene Oregon could begin to  compare with the amount of bikes used here.

some random numbers for you:

In 2006, there were about 1,000,000 bicycles in Amsterdam

in 2005, about 54,000 bicycles were stolen and every year between 12,000 and 15,000 bicycles are retrieved from the canals
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
1. My bike getting stolen, It would be the 6th Bike in a year, I maybe do live in the bike theft capital of the world though....
2. Sponge cake, mostly pink sponge makes me fearful though.
3. John Mongrel
4. strobe lights
5. my electric bill

you must live in eugene oregon. thats the bike stealing capital of the world, did you know that many top brand bike locks claim they will replace your bike if stolen anywhere but eugene?

edit: oh an my main fear is that ill lose the friends who i couldnt convince to buy bitcoin, i watch their bitterness grow every time we hang out =)

also i fear for the safety of my coins and my computers exploding and my bitcoins being gone forever, or my coins otherwise being stolen
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
legendary

Never again I will ride a conventional bike... Been kickbiking for 2 years already and it's the second best thing after Bitcoin that has happened to me.

You mean to tell me you ride a child's push bike?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
Fear?
let me check the Hodls dictionary ... one second ...
nop we don't have it

legendary
2. Sponge cake, mostly pink sponge makes me fearful though.
3. John Mongrel
4. strobe lights
5. my electric bill
legendary
so let's assume USA knows its economy is going to collapse. What would be the most strategic move in that situation?
--- Bring all the others down with them!

Bitcoin does it very well. Not to mention that FBI already has quite a load of bitcoins. It can even be part of the NWO. The suspicious aspect is that I don't see any bad things related to NWO coming with cryptocurrencies.

eh wot!?

Wot about a completely cashless society, with every transaction going on ledger, with them controlling the value of the currency and each citizen being allowed one and only one wallet which they are allocated along with their global subject ID number?

Think that Bitcoin couldn't be turned into that?

Actually I've already thought about that scenario too. Let's say Bitcoin gets approved by governments but only Bitcoin and you must verify your addresses with your ID to some government officials. If at any point money comes to your addresses from unknown sources then you must either explain where that money came from (pay taxes/go to jail) or give it away to the government. Sending money to unknown (off the legal grid) addresses also needs explanation.

Operating with off-the-legal-grid BTC addresses can then be monitored with conventional NSA methods and if they discover you doing so then you will go to jail.
legendary
Activity: 1512
SHA256 broken??

dont act like its gonna happen

if its a time question when SHA256 gets broken then who the fuck would invest even a penny if it wasnt for profit?

Because maybe it is a time question and t = 10000 years.  Problem?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
SHA256 broken??

dont act like its gonna happen

if its a time question when SHA256 gets broken then who the fuck would invest even a penny if it wasnt for profit?
Activity: 840
so let's assume USA knows its economy is going to collapse. What would be the most strategic move in that situation?

Bitcoin does it very well. Not to mention that FBI already has quite a load of bitcoins. It can even be part of the NWO. The suspicious aspect is that I don't see any bad things related to NWO coming with cryptocurrencies.

eh wot!?

Wot about a completely cashless society, with every transaction going on ledger, with them controlling the value of the currency and each citizen being allowed one and only one wallet which they are allocated along with their global subject ID number?

Think that Bitcoin couldn't be turned into that?
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
3. Girls
4. George R.R. Martin Dying Before Completing the Song of Ice and Fire Series

(Ok, I stole that second one from this list: http://www.dorkly.com/article/26731/the-nine-greatest-nerd-fears-today)
legendary

Activity: 1092
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
Perhaps you are not alone in suspecting this. I notice that the two countries who can and do oppose the USA the most, are the two nations whose central banks have banned Bitcoin. I would imagine that Bitcoin could be put to great use in undermining the currencies and economic systems of other countries if it were to be an innovation of the secret services.

Bitcoin crashed big time in 2011 after Gavin visited the CIA, perhaps coins being shifted to friends. Seriously suspect.
Activity: 840
NSA is behind bitcoin

Satoshi is NSA

Perhaps you are not alone in suspecting this. I notice that the two countries who can and do oppose the USA the most, are the two nations whose central banks have banned Bitcoin. I would imagine that Bitcoin could be put to great use in undermining the currencies and economic systems of other countries if it were to be an innovation of the secret services.
Activity: 1092
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
NSA is behind bitcoin

Satoshi is NSA
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I ain't got enough of them. No doubt an oldie but a goldie.

Regulation will be a green light for a wave of money to pile in. That'll no doubt dilute the original concept but it'll be a fact of life. It's also largely in the hands of a few players right now.
Pages:
Jump to: