Pages:
Author

Topic: In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, accepting only El Petro - page 4. (Read 462 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 12
In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, the rooms offer a magnificent view of Caracas (the capital of the country) and the coast of the Caribbean Sea. The price level of the new landmark is not advertised, but, based on the "star" status, we can assume that it will be very, very immodest.

However, Humboldt is interesting not only for exclusive and non-standard architectural solutions (a 19-storey tower at an altitude of 2140 meters above sea level), but also a form of payment. The hotel accepts exclusively ... El Petro - the national currency of Venezuela. In this coin, Nicholas Maduro sees salvation for the country's deep-rooted economy.

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/sole-seven-star-hotel-in-venezuela-to-accept-only-petro/

Haizz, I feel sorry for their people, to no food, I do not think they can stay in these 7-star hotels. Forget that they have no money to own a phone or a personal computer  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Kind of seems like a get-rich-quick scheme, or maybe the government just wants their share of the crypto profit. Interesting to see what will come out of it.
Looking past at the history of governance in Venezuela, I really do not think the government is really bound to use that petro to help the economy but simply to enrich themselves lol. I am saying this because in the past, many coins had done that exactly.

It is becoming obvious that this is not going to really make much waves and it apparently does not solve any problem since it is controlled anyway and would definitely still not stop some level of corruption that has dug in so deep. Not like that was the plan though except I feel some are just bound to get themselves richer from it.
Activity: 215
Merit: 10
The Venezuelan authorities are actively trying to popularize the national digital currency. In early May, it became known about the discount on oil in exchange for the purchase of El Petro.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
That's great. A good phenomenon, although this is to avoid inflation, but open a special case of the use of cryptographic currency! Hope that more and more countries will be able to use encrypted money to pay!
 Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I rally doubt that this Petro coin will ever be successful, it's even wrong to call it cryptocurrency, it's a worthless token.
You can't even buy it on exchanges, only through official channels run by the Venezuelan government.

I really do wonder how many actual citizens of Venezuela had the means to buy into the ICO.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Kind of seems like a get-rich-quick scheme, or maybe the government just wants their share of the crypto profit. Interesting to see what will come out of it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
Seems that the government of Venezuela is trying hard to make Petro more  popular among the people.
As the purpose of Petro is facilitating of their oil sale, We should wait to see whether they will succeed or not.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, the rooms offer a magnificent view of Caracas (the capital of the country) and the coast of the Caribbean Sea. The price level of the new landmark is not advertised, but, based on the "star" status, we can assume that it will be very, very immodest.

However, Humboldt is interesting not only for exclusive and non-standard architectural solutions (a 19-storey tower at an altitude of 2140 meters above sea level), but also a form of payment. The hotel accepts exclusively ... El Petro - the national currency of Venezuela. In this coin, Nicholas Maduro sees salvation for the country's deep-rooted economy.

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/sole-seven-star-hotel-in-venezuela-to-accept-only-petro/
Pages:
Jump to: