Pages:
Author

Topic: Inaba's request - page 4. (Read 8441 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
October 23, 2012, 04:14:10 PM
darn it, you quoted me before I could edit my post Tongue

even though its getting harder and harder to do so I am trying very hard not say anything bad about my competitors, so I re-edited the post to tone it down a bit.

its ok though,,,,

It's just so frustrating, all these lies and manipulating people in the name of greed.

Anyone that gave a shit about this community would not do these things. The truth is the truth and people need to know it.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
October 23, 2012, 04:09:39 PM
Quote removed because of edit.  See Above.

Very nice response to the trolling.  Nice job!
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
October 23, 2012, 03:54:31 PM
You should be looking at W/$. Capital investment in bitcoin mining hardware will likely be similar in the ASIC era as in the GPU/FPGA era, adjusting by block reward and exchange rate of course. So forget the hashrate. $1070 of GPUs use about 800W of power. $1070 of BFL FPGAs use about 150W of power. If a $1070 bASIC uses 405W, we're taking a step backward to almost GPU levels. $1070 of BFL ASICs should use only 50W of power, a significant step forward. I believe Inaba was thinking along this line when he said that.

Please do some research before posting information you know nothing about

For one thing a bASIC will not use anywhere near 405watts, I dont know where this number came from but its complete crap.
But even if it did use 405 watts (which it does not) it is still LIGHT YEARS ahead of GPU mining.

Please refer to the Bitcoin Mining Hardware comparison chart here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

Show me any possible way you can mine with GPU at 54Gh/s and only use 405 watts?

Are you really that clueless or are you just a sock puppet because I really find it hard to believe you are that clueless.

Even with the most efficient GPU 7970 in the absolute best conditions to achieve 54Gh/s

You would need 68 7970's which would use a total of 14552 watts to hash at 54Gh/s

how does that even come close to comparable?

Please do not re-post bullshit manipulative lies.

bASIC mining units will be competitively efficient with any of our competitors.

and by the way not one single Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer has posted any PROOF of electrical efficiency.

Stop spreading lies please.

Activity: 681
Merit: 500
October 23, 2012, 01:50:00 PM
You should be looking at W/$. Capital investment in bitcoin mining hardware will likely be similar in the ASIC era as in the GPU/FPGA era, adjusting by block reward and exchange rate of course. So forget the hashrate. $1070 of GPUs use about 800W of power. $1070 of BFL FPGAs use about 150W of power. If a $1070 bASIC uses 405W, we're taking a step backward to almost GPU levels. $1070 of BFL ASICs should use only 50W of power, a significant step forward. I believe Inaba was thinking along this line when he said that.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
October 23, 2012, 12:18:58 PM
Bit confusing, but the answers he gives are not really making a lot of sense considering.  If an ASIC = 150x a GPU's [mining] power, welcome back GPUs, huh?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 23, 2012, 02:49:45 AM
This forum is for discussion of hardware.  I think we've given Inaba way too much attention already.  Let's focus on the mining devices instead.

+1

Everyone who is able to read and think clearly should've made up his mind by now.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 23, 2012, 02:22:50 AM
As a side note, can you point out where I have manipulated the truth?

I'd be more than happy to answer your question, just not in Tom's thread.

No, but BFL as an entity is limiting it's contact with Bitcointalk.  I'm speaking merely as myself and as a pool operator.  On the rare occasions BFL intends to interact with this community, I will post as BFL_Josh. 

You interact on behalf of BFL every day while posting as "Inaba". Take for instance the following lie:

Email [email protected] and we will happily refund your order at any time.

"We" obvously means you are speaking for BFL. Since the website clearly states "Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable", "at any time" is false because you can refuse to refund an order for any reason you like.

Now this one's a whopper:

But heck, I'm a generous guy, lets cut that in half just for giggles!  405w for 54 GH/s.  Welcome back GPU's!

405 w @ 54 GH/s = GPUs? You're off by 2 orders of magnitude!

I did not decline the bet.

Is the bet on? Nope? You declined the bet.

Power usage is *everything* when it comes to ASIC.

No, actually, when you start mining and how much you pay for hardware are crucial elements in profitability.

I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.  Even at 150w, your ROI would be measured in years, not months.

Since you don't know what the exchange rate will be, or what the difficulty will be, you cannot state it would never see positive ROI. Neither can you state at 150w it would take years.

Let me just end with one more:

I'm not trolling, I'm a customer asking a legitimate question.

That's just the last few pages of your posts.

OWNAGE
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
October 22, 2012, 11:31:42 PM
This forum is for discussion of hardware.  I think we've given Inaba way too much attention already.  Let's focus on the mining devices instead.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
October 22, 2012, 11:08:24 PM
:popcorn:
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
October 22, 2012, 10:06:53 PM
excessive compilation of quotes. 'nuff said.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
October 22, 2012, 04:31:27 AM
As a side note, can you point out where I have manipulated the truth?

I'd be more than happy to answer your question, just not in Tom's thread.

No, but BFL as an entity is limiting it's contact with Bitcointalk.  I'm speaking merely as myself and as a pool operator.  On the rare occasions BFL intends to interact with this community, I will post as BFL_Josh. 

You interact on behalf of BFL every day while posting as "Inaba". Take for instance the following lie:

Email [email protected] and we will happily refund your order at any time.

"We" obvously means you are speaking for BFL. Since the website clearly states "Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable", "at any time" is false because you can refuse to refund an order for any reason you like.

Now this one's a whopper:

But heck, I'm a generous guy, lets cut that in half just for giggles!  405w for 54 GH/s.  Welcome back GPU's!

405 w @ 54 GH/s = GPUs? You're off by 2 orders of magnitude!

I did not decline the bet.

Is the bet on? Nope? You declined the bet.

Power usage is *everything* when it comes to ASIC.

No, actually, when you start mining and how much you pay for hardware are crucial elements in profitability.

I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.  Even at 150w, your ROI would be measured in years, not months.

Since you don't know what the exchange rate will be, or what the difficulty will be, you cannot state it would never see positive ROI. Neither can you state at 150w it would take years.

Let me just end with one more:

I'm not trolling, I'm a customer asking a legitimate question.

That's just the last few pages of your posts.
Pages:
Jump to: