Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming stock crash? - page 2. (Read 5011 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 10, 2014, 06:24:51 PM
It's not hard to manipulate traders.

It's not hard to manipulate individual traders, but it's very hard to manipulate a large market. There are a lot of people and money involved.
May 10, 2014, 06:21:41 PM
Sorry I
Not sure how you found this "news" but it's quite a bit over the top. When you read things like "indisputable charts to back up his predictions" it means these people are spinning their own agenda. Charts are never "indisputable" unless you're talking about a chart of past events, and even then all kinds of math can look all kinds of different.

That being said, I do think the economy will be taking some hits in the near future, but 50% unemployment, or a 90% stock market dump this year is just not very likely at all.

I also hope that the "crash" will wait a while longer. I don't think Bitcoin is mature enough to get a serious boost from a crash just yet.
I wanted to avoid BTC talk, wanted to focus on real world for a bit.

If a crash happened, BTC's price would skyrocket. Am I wrong/right?
Since most people would look to put their savings into something.

I'm not relaying on that article only. Been reading a lot in the past 3 days, which made me go kinda paranoid, lol

It doesn't look like "divide and conquer" game. It looks like much deeper than that.

As I've said, I'm not an expert for economy, please be gentle Tongue

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Back to the question:

All I'm interested to know, what impact would Europe have if US stock markets collapse?

Sorry, didn't mean to avoid your question. I think that any large swings in the US market (Or any large market like China or Japan) will affect the European market significantly. Though you would have at least a few hours warning because of the time differences.
May 10, 2014, 06:08:45 PM
I really doubt stock are going to go down. Nothing but good news lately IMO. Stocks are at an all time high and it will stay that way for a while.
What if they're trying to suck people in?
Then just flash crash the markets?

I think this happens in most of the years, peak in April and followed by a slump until summer. If you are alarmed by this, you haven't been in the market for very long.  However, we might not have a dip this year. The slow down of bond buying and raising interest rate is expected and to some degree already priced in. If we have some nice figures and there are more definite signs of a recovery, some sectors may do very well in the coming weeks.
Indeed, I'm not familiar with any kind of markets. First time I sat and "analyzed" a chart, was back in November, when $1.2k happened.

But what if everyone is delusional? And believes that?
It's not hard to manipulate traders.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
May 10, 2014, 06:04:33 PM
I really doubt stock are going to go down. Nothing but good news lately IMO. Stocks are at an all time high and it will stay that way for a while.

Agree. There is not enough evidenc fo such conclusion IMO.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 10, 2014, 06:02:29 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 10, 2014, 06:01:02 PM
I think this happens in most of the years, peak in April and followed by a slump until summer. If you are alarmed by this, you haven't been in the market for very long.  However, we might not have a dip this year. The slow down of bond buying and raising interest rate is expected and to some degree already priced in. If we have some nice figures and there are more definite signs of a recovery, some sectors may do very well in the coming weeks.
May 10, 2014, 05:58:12 PM
Not sure how you found this "news" but it's quite a bit over the top. When you read things like "indisputable charts to back up his predictions" it means these people are spinning their own agenda. Charts are never "indisputable" unless you're talking about a chart of past events, and even then all kinds of math can look all kinds of different.

That being said, I do think the economy will be taking some hits in the near future, but 50% unemployment, or a 90% stock market dump this year is just not very likely at all.

I also hope that the "crash" will wait a while longer. I don't think Bitcoin is mature enough to get a serious boost from a crash just yet.
I wanted to avoid BTC talk, wanted to focus on real world for a bit.

If a crash happened, BTC's price would skyrocket. Am I wrong/right?
Since most people would look to put their savings into something.

I'm not relaying on that article only. Been reading a lot in the past 3 days, which made me go kinda paranoid, lol

It doesn't look like "divide and conquer" game. It looks like much deeper than that.

As I've said, I'm not an expert for economy, please be gentle Tongue

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Back to the question:

All I'm interested to know, what impact would Europe have if US stock markets collapse?
May 10, 2014, 05:50:17 PM

May 10, 2014, 05:34:22 PM
http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/Market-Collapse-Finance-Stocks/2013/03/01/id/492699/

I'm not an expert for stocks, nor cryptos.

But, I saw few warnings lately, which are saying that markets are going to collapse soon. Like, really soon. ( Days, weeks, 1 month, tops )

Already seen that the US govt is making a police empire. It could be a warning as well. People will panic. They will be losing their jobs, food/oil prices would skyrocket, so, it makes some sense.

Monday is in 2 days. ( Not saying it will happen on Monday, just speculating )

Not trying to spread fear, nor anything else. Just looking for some information, so I can protect myself, if that happens, again.

Thanks for your time.

-TWC
Pages:
Jump to: