Pages:
Author

Topic: Increasing dominance of Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 427 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
July 13, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
BTC always increases it`s dominance on declining market  as investors most trusting the oldest coin.
In May when we had rising market BTC dominance was around 35%
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 13, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
The dominance of bitcoin is increasing due to the fact that the cryptocurrency market is falling, so all people want to keep their investments and exchange their altcoins for a more reliable and stable cryptocurrency.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 09, 2018, 12:50:01 PM
People simply trust Bitcoin more than altcoins, so they invest in Bitcoin. Just keep in mind how many projects that could give us new altcoins have become a fraud.
Activity: 431
July 09, 2018, 11:02:03 AM
Each altcoin certainly have its own fangs and it doesn't make all altcoin in the step of failure. but in fact, bitcoin still dominates the market share of cryptocurrency. Its because all new altcoins that appear in the market directly refer to the exchange of bitcoin.
And unintentionally, all altcoin investors convert into bitcoins. and it makes the bitcoin more dominant.
Activity: 118
July 09, 2018, 10:04:20 AM
Bitcoin is here to stay no matter what all say about this. BTC dominance is not going anywhere. No other altcoin or token has found similar interest from the buyers/sellers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
July 09, 2018, 09:16:50 AM
With every new token circulating in the market, they should add up some value and have their own share of total dominance by price.
But for some years, we are having an increasing number of new coins and tokens being traded but still bitcoin is increasing it's dominance.
According to coinmarketcap, bitcoin now holds a 42% dominance. i.e. the 42% of total capitalization of cryptocurrencies is that of bitcoin.
How is it possible? Are altcoins failing?
In my own understanding this dominance is a figure that has an important role in the whole market 25-30% dominance is a warning or warm up and a way higher is not good for the altcoins because the money goes to the bitcoins. They are selling their altcoins in panic most of the traders.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
July 09, 2018, 09:13:55 AM
Yeah there are many conspiracy theories that btc is out dated and dead etc but the stats are telling something else, it is still the number one coin and biggest one with the highest volume, i think if the dominance keep increasing from here that will surely be a sign of a massive new uptrend in btc hopefully.
Activity: 392
July 09, 2018, 09:11:23 AM
The Dominance of bitcoin neccessarily doesn't penny-pinching altcoins are danger. Remember bitcoin sealed the manner championing the minor support of blockchain technology we acquire tod and altcoins.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
July 09, 2018, 01:17:26 AM
I do not see an increase in the dominance of bitcoin on the crypto-currency market. On the contrary, it is gradually reducing its dominance. If more recently, bitcoin occupied more than 51 percent of the total capitalization of the crypto currency, now its share is only 42 percent. I think that such a tendency to decrease the dominance of bitcoin will continue in the future. On the contrary, I would like to see how all kinds of crypto currency will behave in a price ratio, when bitcoin will finally lose its dominance over the rest of the crypto currency.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107
July 09, 2018, 01:03:24 AM
With every new token circulating in the market, they should add up some value and have their own share of total dominance by price.
But for some years, we are having an increasing number of new coins and tokens being traded but still bitcoin is increasing it's dominance.
According to coinmarketcap, bitcoin now holds a 42% dominance. i.e. the 42% of total capitalization of cryptocurrencies is that of bitcoin.

Everything in the crypto market is traded in pair with Bitcoin, that's the reason for it's dominance.
Plus, the fact, that it has first mover advantage which is really huge.
Activity: 291
July 09, 2018, 12:58:14 AM
My answer is always bitcoin will always beat all. this is due to, “because Bitcoin is king/queen, and the other coins are at best following it.

It is hard to come up with a fundamental algo with which to price coins, so coin prices just follow Bitcoin as a sort of gold standard (“the Bitcoin Standard”).

It is the number one coin, and thus it is the coin that decides the market price in general.

If there is another standard way of changing ALTs to other currencies example to FIAT. it would much less affected to the price of BTC.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
July 09, 2018, 12:55:09 AM
bitcoin is still too high with the technology that exists therein. investors still don't have intentions to invest was altcoin especially new. though indeed claims that its technology is nice but in fact, many new altcoins appear only as a bottom in the market only. may not fail but it's just that there is still nothing that makes investors confident.
Activity: 277
July 09, 2018, 12:28:29 AM
As the percentage of Bitcoin increases, it is thought that people are afraid to invest in Altcoin. The percentage of Bitcoin shows that it is the strongest Coin. Altcoin is partly developed by Bitcoin, however if the percentage of Bitcoin decreases, it is a good sign for the market to grow, showing the comfort of investors.
Activity: 84
July 09, 2018, 12:15:38 AM
The reason of the dominance of bitcoin is because they have been the main currency to be traaded on every exchange. There is no exchange that bitcoin is never traded. Also the volume in the market of bitcoin is still huge which means the demand of bitcoin is there.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
July 09, 2018, 12:14:05 AM
It shows bitcoin have larger amount and number of hodlers than any other coin. They are not buying or selling in a hurry but are planning it.
It has more mature market and most of the coins are hold by mature traders and funds.
Activity: 56
July 09, 2018, 12:11:15 AM
Bitcoin is one of the most demanded and potential coins in the market. It ranks first among all other cryptocurrencies in the market. It has a huge community of supporter and still dominates among all other cryptocurrencies in the market.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
July 08, 2018, 02:16:09 PM
Bitcoin is itself considered a dominant digital coun in the whole crypto economy as you might have read that before bitcoin there was nothing to say crypto.
People are introduced with bitcoin first, later they are taught about altcoins and therefore it will remain dominant always
July 08, 2018, 01:44:31 PM
Bit coin is the king of coins and it dominates from the beginning. IT had a large volume and people are faith in bitcoin so much. I think in the future i will remain dominate.
any coin will not take the place of bitcoin near future.

I don't see any coin taking up the value of Bitcoin in the future, but these altcoins are not sleeping too. Think of US Dollars and Pounds, Pounds is priced higher than Dollars, but Dollars gained the world's financial interactions attention. Altcoins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoincash, NEO, are capable of behaving like dollars. That is to say Altcoins are not failing, even if it seems Bitcoin is Kinging.
July 08, 2018, 01:38:12 PM
Bitcoin has been the oldest coin in the market of crypto currency, it is the very first. Other alt coin has entered the market and is still entering yet the market share of bitcoin is still huge. This might be because of the age of bitcoin or due to the fact that new investors are still not trusting alts coins.

It is basically not because investors are not trusting the new coins (altcoins), but as you said earlier, Bitcoin came earlier than any other coin. For this reason, I feel this coin deserves some RESPECT. Bitcoin was fighting to penetrate into the financial market, I mean, in a competition with Fiat/Paper Currencies, you see how crazy that can be?, Where were these altcoins. There came a coin then TBC (The Billion Coin), it came and it was looking like the second most promising crypto-coin, as if it will match up to BTC, but where is it now. ETHEREUM came afterwards and fought the good fight of breaking in and that is why ETH is gaining the relevance it has today, but BITCOIN paved the way for all other coins. That doesn't mean Altcoins are failling.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
July 08, 2018, 01:34:33 PM
Bitcoin is still a coin paforit of investors to date, in addition to be used as a tool of transactions, bitcoin is also used as an asset to store wealth.
I think altcoin does not fail, they are present as a complement of bitcoin, they present fix every deficiency of the coin predecessor, and each altcoin has a different purpose.
Pages:
Jump to: