Pages:
Author

Topic: India government launch e-Rupi, it's good for india? - page 2. (Read 166 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 165
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Well for me it will be a great deal for the citizen's, for it's government to create a digital currency in order to create a fast and reliable transaction, although it's centralized is one step forward that room for other digital currency will emerge and as such full adoptation into the blockchain technology will commence in anytime soon. Because one of the aim of crypto currency is to secure a fast and reliable payment which is as same objective for currency created by the Indian Government.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
I personally don't think the launch of digital fiat currencies has anything to do with the acceptance of crypto. Might be just me though.

They care about launching a digital coin to draw attention away from crypto. Do people really think governments will create a scarce, decentralized crypto with an actual future? The only future CBDCs will have is one of surveillance and full control.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
At the very least, I don't think it's revolutionary. From your description, it seems like it's just another digital network for fiat. Blockchain is not necessary for that, and even if they use it, it's probably a private one (so, essentially just a centralized database).

That being said, it's definitely practical and can help end-users to get faster transactions etc. If it can at least replace RTGS completely then it will be a great deal.
Activity: 746
Merit: 1
Taking the first step towards having a digital currency in the country,
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch an electronic voucher based digital payment system “e-RUPI” Monday.

The platform which has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Department of Financial services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the National Health Authority, will be a person-specific and purpose-specific payment system.

E-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payment medium, which will be delivered to the mobile phone of beneficiaries in from of an SMS string or QR code.

India government going to accept the cryptocurrency or blockchain technology? Drope your thinking?
Pages:
Jump to: